The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and
other vegetable oil markets.
* Malaysian palm oil futures edged up on Friday, as buying interest surged after
prices fell to the lowest in more than three weeks, although fears remained that
stocks of the tropical oil would surge.
* U.S. soybeans fell 2 percent on Monday for the second straight session as
forecasts for more rain this week eased concerns about declining U.S. harvest
prospects and offset a tighter-than-expected supply outlook from the government.
* Global oil prices fell on Monday after U.S. and Russian officials reached a
weekend deal to strip Syria of chemical weapons, easing investor worries.
* Stocks and bonds on major markets rose on Monday after former U.S. Treasury
Secretary Lawrence Summers withdrew from consideration to be the next chairman
of the Federal Reserve, leading investors to believe U.S. monetary policy might
stay looser for longer.
* Oil prices closed sharply lower on Monday after the U.S. and Russia reached an
agreement over the weekend to seize chemical weapons from Syria, and gold ended
weaker as investors remained skittish ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy
> Indonesia's anti-cartel body targets soybean imports
> U.S. soy crush slows; soyoil stocks near 8-yr low - NOPA
> Soybeans fall 2 pct as rain tempers worries
> Thai police clash with protesters rejecting rubber deal
> ICE cocoa hits one-year high on demand outlook, crop worry
> Rains improve Ivorian cocoa outlook, but spawn disease fears
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance
will release Malaysia's Sept. 1-15 palm export data on Sept. 17 due to the
Malaysia Day holiday weekend.
> Malaysia's government to set its crude palm oil export tax for October on
Key commodity markets at 2330 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
RINGGIT/USD 3.288 +0.01 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA SOYOIL JAN4 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CBOT SOYOIL DEC3 42.35 -0.02 0.00 0.00 0
NYMEX CRUDE OCT3 106.04 -0.55 106.01 106.23 889
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil in Chinese yuan per tonne
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil,
Reuters Terminal users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India,
Pakistan and Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double
click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by
double clicking on the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same
chain, hit F12. To go back, hit F11.
Vegetable oils --
Malaysian palm oil exports --
CBOT soyoil futures -- <0#BO:>
CBOT soybean futures -- <0#S:>
Indian solvent --
Weekly Indian vegetable oils --
Dalian Commodity Exchange --
Dalian soyoil futures -- <0#DBY:>
Dalian refined palm oil futures -- <0#DCP:>
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil -- <0#CRO:>
European edible oil prices/trades --