MISSOULA, MT--(Marketwired - Apr 16, 2015) - VidCon (http://vidcon.com), the world's largest and most influential online video conference for creatives and industry professionals, today announced featured speakers and panelists for VidCon 2015, taking place July 23rd through July 25th at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The annual three-day conference will connect more than 300 of the most innovative and influential YouTube creators with more than 20,000 attendees for performances, workshops, discussions and networking. In addition, the industry track alone features more than 100 online video experts and innovators sharing their insight and expertise in how to build sustainable communities, channels and franchises. This year's speakers are highlighted by Jason Kilar, CEO and co-founder of premium video platform Vessel and former CEO of Hulu; Baljeet Singh, product lead for television and video at Twitter; and Zander Lurie, SVP of Media at GoPro, among many other influential online executives and innovators.
"We took feedback from last year's attendees, closely monitored the current industry and assembled a dream team of online video power players to ensure this year's attendees get the most out of VidCon 2015," said Hank Green, Co-Founder of VidCon and host of the popular YouTube shows SciShow, VlogBrothers and Crash Course. "This year's speakers not only share a passion for online video, but have also successfully parlayed that passion into new and creative content, partnerships and opportunities, which are inspirational for future video stars and potential decision makers."
"From screaming fans clamoring to see their favorite creator, to industry heavyweights leading thought-provoking conversations about the future of online video, VidCon has become the biggest event dedicated to the burgeoning online video market," said Derek Callow, Director of Partner Marketing, YouTube. "We continue to be amazed and inspired by the incredible success creators have found on YouTube and look forward to participating again this year."
In addition to 14 keynote conversations featuring the biggest and most influential leaders in the online industry, VidCon's industry conference will include a broad array of insightful panels -- and panelists -- focused on issues facing media companies, brands, advertising agencies, professional video creators, technology platforms and investors. Those panels include:
- The New Development Paradigm: The top show-runners and producers in the online video industry share their secrets of how to develop profitable content in this new world. Learn from the experts that are creating new formats, re-writing the rules and building the best new scripted and unscripted series, with a focus on building teams, nurturing audiences and tracking success.
- From Branded Content to In-House Agencies: Building a Content Brand: Find out what the future of branded content looks like, as the leaders in creating compelling content that resonates with both brands and audiences share their visions, stories of success and the lessons they've learned from what didn't work.
- Where Do We Go From Here: Predictions For the Future: Five of the top analysts, investors and entrepreneurs bring you actionable and quantifiable predictions for what the future of on-line video will look like over the next 3-5 years.
- From Hollywood to Book Deals: How To Stay Smart in Crossover Projects: Today's online video stars are moving quickly to extend their brand into traditional television, movies, books, concert tours and other projects. This session brings together managers, agents, and online creators to reveal the secrets of building a sustainable and smart business with multiple revenue streams
- Where Do MCNs Go From Here: Join the leaders of the top MultiChannel Networks as they explain how they are expanding or pivoting their business to take advantage of both the incredible growth and the amazing changes happening in the online video ecosystem.
"Now in its sixth year, VidCon continues to be the place where the future direction of the online video industry is created," said Jim Louderback, Editorial Director of the Industry Track at VidCon. "This year we've stepped it up a notch, recruiting some of the most powerful executives and innovators in media to fulfill our mission to educate and inspire the current and future leaders of the online video industry -- which in turn empowers video creators to create amazing videos and build large and lasting communities."
To register for VidCon 2015 and to see our evolving agenda of speakers and seminars, please visit: http://vidcon.com/the-industry-track/.
VidCon is the world's largest conference for and about online video. Held each summer in Anaheim, California, VidCon assembles fans, veteran and amateur creators, working professionals, and industry thought-leaders for three days of celebration, introspection, and discussion. Hank and John Green founded VidCon in 2010.