Fluttery false eyelashes, black eyeshadow, and lots and lots of mascara accentuated Davis’s smoking hot (pink) ensemble. The How to Get Away With Murder actress is known to rock a smoldering eye look, but what made this version fresh were her highlighted cheeks and the perfect nude lipstick.
In the video above, makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon shows us how to copy Davis’s Oscars lash-tastic look. Keep reading below for the full instructions and product recommendations.
1. Outline the waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil in Legend.
2. Using the Sephora PRO Warm Palette, take the Obsidian shade and blend along the lower lash line.
3. Apply Biscotti from the same palette as a highlighter to brow bone.
4. Brush Burnt Umber onto the lids. Pro Tip: Smoke out with a layer of black shadow on top.
5. Swipe Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen on top lid to enhance the depth of pencil liner.
6. Coat top and bottom lashes with Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara.
8. Tap NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cafe onto lips to mute pink undertones.
9. Glide Kat Von D Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick in Hawkwind onto lips.
10. Define natural lip line with Iman Perfect Lip Pencil in Espresso.
11. Place NARS Highlighting Powder (available March 15) in Ibiza onto apples of cheeks for natural glow.
12. Sweep NARS Contour Blush in Gienah onto cheekbones to contour face.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Viola Davis was a sparkly pink vision at the Oscars and people could barely deal
- Viola Davis on why she’s ‘done’ pretending sexual assault in Hollywood is ‘news’
- Viola Davis won’t let her daughter dress up as a Disney princess unless she wears her natural hair