BELLEVUE, WA, June 26, 2013 – (Eteligis via Accessswire) -- Voip-Pal.Com Inc. ("Voip-Pal", "Company") (OTC Pink: VPLM) is pleased toannounce that Professor Ed Candy, former Technology Director of Hutchison 3G, has been appointed to the Company's Board of Directors.
Professor Candy served as 3 Group Technology Director for Hutchison 3G from 2000 to 2009, where he was primarily responsible for the technology for the world's most advanced 3G Networks operating across nine countries. He successfully introduced enterprise and IP systems and architectures into the cellular networks to create the most powerful broadband content and services delivery platform amongst 3G operators.
As Group Development Director for Simoco from 1996 to 2000, a buy out of Philips Radio Systems, Ed Candy orchestrated the development of TETRA Handsets and Digital radio networks now used by Public Safety forces across the world. From 1993 to 1996 Ed Candy served asTechnology Director for Orange where he contributed significantly to the creation and success of the personal communication network. From 1988 to 1990 he was Technical Director of Rabbit, a public cordless telephone system which pioneered the introduction of mass Mobile telephony with many of the techniques introduced to Orange by Hutchison after acquisition and was Chairman of the Telepoint Operators Association.
"With ever increasing stakes attributable from our patent portfolio, Ed is the ideal person to guide our patent development," states Dennis Chang, President of Voip-Pal, "Ed Candy brings specific hands on experience and innovation related to our current patent portfolio. Along with recent Board additions of Dr. Thomas Sawyer and Dr. Colin Tucker, our company have the necessary technical expertise and leadership required to maximize the potential of our patent development for the benefit of our shareholders."
As well as his Non Exec Director roles, Ed Candy now acts as a Strategic Technology advisor for the 3 Group and also provides innovation guidance, strategic advice and consultancy services through his own company Strategitel Limited.
Professor Candy is a Fellow of the IET, a Senior Life Member of the IEEE, a Companion of the IREE Australia, and was a visiting Professor at Strathclyde University and Member of the University Court from 1995 until 2005.
About Voip-Pal/Digifonica Patent Applications
1. Lawful Intercept: ("Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100150138, (Link to Lawful Intercept USPTO filing): This patent was issued on April 16, 2013 with the number 8,422,507. Lawful Intercept Continuation patent application was filed with the USPTO. This Continuation leverages patented technology for instant and text messages, and inherits the same Priority date of November 29, 2007. A Response in Europe has been filed. Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform live and recorded intercepts on VoIP telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept (KK: about this sentence: I believe Skype is already working closely with governments, I would remove it). The advantage of this patent is that it is truly undetectable by the intercept target; as opposed to many prior art technologies. Various governments are considering legislating Lawful Intercept as a mandatory technology for any VoIP provider.
2. Routing, Billing and Rating engine (RBR): ("Producing routing messages for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No.20100150328, (Link to RBR USPTO filing): A Response to USPTO office action has been filed. A Response in Europe has already been filed a while ago. The Company believes that this patent application technology will be the foundation of any modern commercial VoIP system. It has taken millions of investment dollars and years to develop and solidify into perhaps the most important architectural solution for VoIP.
3. Mobile Gateway: US Patent Application, Publication No. 20110122827, (Link to Mobile Gateway USPTO filing): A Response to USPTO office action has been filed. The Company believes that Mobile Gateway technology can be applied to any roaming cell phone. It allows carriers to keep existing subscriber base on their infrastructure for local calls, at the same time running long-distance calls over the Internet. For subscribers these calls are transparent.
4. Enhanced 911: ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20100172345, (Link to Enhanced 911 USPTO filing): A Response to USPTO office action has been filed. This patent application technology satisfies the major requirement for emergency response system which is the ability to call back the person on emergency if he drops the call.
5. Advanced Interoperability Solutions: ("Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes") US Patent Application, Publication No. 20120170574, (Link to Advanced Interoperability Solutions USPTO filing): Currently under USPTO prosecution. This patent application technology demonstrates the future of Internet voice communication calls should not be dropped when roaming from one transport provider to another.
About Digifonica (International) Limited
Digifonica (International) Limited ("Digifonica") was originally incorporated as Digifonica International Inc. in 2004 and listed on the TSX stock exchange. The company raised more than $15M of investments into research and development of the most advanced VoIP technologies. It employed approximately 20 developers, some of them being well-known in VoIP industry, who built an integrated white-labelled VoIP system, which can be deployed for new Internet Telephony providers in matter of minutes. The goal was two-fold:
1. Provide scalable and the most cost-effective solution for partners, when prices for Internet calls go down to zero
2. Comply with government regulations of Internet communications against illegal activities
Soon after the first production-grade system was released for partners, it became clear that architectural solutions developed and operated by Digifonica, were highly advanced in the industry and required protection. Digifonica decided to dedicate sufficient resources, both human and financial, to work with the top Canadian firm practising in intellectual property - Smart & Biggar. That cooperation produced the results: Digifonica filed overall 5 patent applications, starting from 2007. The Patent Applications were all filed initially as PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty) applications, came through International phase, then entered National phases in many countries around the world, first of all in US Canada and Europe. They are all in different stages of prosecution.
About Voip-Pal.Com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com, Inc. ("Voip-Pal," "Company") is a publicly traded corporation (OTC Pink: VPLM) incorporated in December of 1997 in the State of Nevada andheadquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Voip-Pal is a technical leader in the broadband Voice-over-Internet Protocol ("VoIP") market with the ownership and development of a portfolio of leading edge VoIP Patent Applications. Through its retail website, www.PlatinumPhone.com, Voip-Pal is also a provider of local andlong-distance VoIP telephone services for next generation devices including smartphones, tablets and cell phones.
Voip-Pal's primary products are VoIP patent application technology acquired through the Company's Share Purchase Agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of Digifonica (International) Limited, a privately held company registered in Gibraltar ("Digifonica"). The Company is currently developing, testing, and administrating the patent process to ultimately license or sell the patents once they have been issued.
The addition of Digifonica has immediately advanced Voip-Pal as a technical leader in the VoIP services market which had revenues of $58 billion in 2011 and is experiencing double digit year-over-year growth. The patent application portfolio has greatly enhanced shareholder value and is expected to contribute to significant future revenue growth for Voip-Pal.Com as the number of mobile VoIP subscribers is projected to reach 410 million by 2015.
US Telephone IR Contact: (954) 495-4600
Stock Quote: www.otcmarkets.com/stock/VPLM/quote
Dr. Thomas E. Sawyer: http://www.tesawyer.net/
All statements contained in this news release, other than those identifying historical facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Safe Harbor provisions as contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements relating to the Company's future expectations, including but not limited to revenues and earnings, technology efficacy, strategies and plans, are subject to safe harbors protection. Actual Company results and performance may be materially different from any future results, performance, strategies, plans, or achievements that may be expressed or implied by any such forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Voip-Pal.Com Inc.