PHOENIX, Dec. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The market research team at Colling Media , a top-ranked national digital advertising and marketing agency, has conducted a consumer survey to understand consumer preferences and attitudes toward presidential candidates and their advertising campaigns ahead of the February 3 rd Iowa Democratic Caucus.
The survey, conducted December 2-4, queried 423 adults 18+ throughout Iowa who identify with the Democratic party.
Key findings of the study include:
- 31% of Iowa adults say they are following the election "a great deal," with another 25% paying "a lot" of attention to the race.
- Of all Democratic respondents, 52.5% say they are "extremely likely" to participate in the February 3 rd caucus, and 24.6% saying they are "very likely" to do so.
- Respondents perceive that Tom Steyer has the most negative advertising (21.3%), followed by Joe Biden (18%), and Elizabeth Warren (8.2%).
- The candidate seen as having the "most upbeat and positive" advertising is Pete Buttigieg (32.8%) who far outdistances Bernie Sanders and Andrew Yang (both 14.8%).
- The candidates with the "best overall" advertising are Pete Buttigieg (27.8%), Bernie Sanders (22.9%), and Tom Steyer (19.7%).
- When respondents were asked who they would vote for if the caucus were held today, there is a dead heat between Pete Buttigieg and Bernie Sanders (both at 24.6%), followed closely by Elizabeth Warren (21.3%). Joe Biden is preferred by 11.5% of respondents.
Data charts and the full research report are available here: Iowa Survey: Voters Pick Candidate and Advertising Winners Ahead of the Iowa Democratic Caucus .
"With such a large field of candidates, name recognition is crucial in these early political tests," says Brian Colling, CEO of Colling Media. "Advertising has long played a significant role in campaigns. From yard signs to broadcast radio/TV, and from savvy social media to digital plays, there's no question that strategic and targeted advertising are the foundation of any candidate's campaign. In a time that many people may consider a toxic political climate, the Colling Media survey data supports the contention that positive messages are resonating with voters. And conversely, negative advertising may not be effective during the early primaries."
About Colling Media
Colling Media, based in Scottsdale, AZ, is a full-service national digital advertising and marketing agency specializing in advertising branding and strategy, digital and traditional advertising, media buying, paid search, lead generation, content marketing and SEO. More information can be obtained at www.collingmedia.com and by following the company on LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/colling-media/ ), Facebook, ( https://www.facebook.com/collingmedia/ ), and Twitter ( https://twitter.com/collingmedia ).
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/voters-pick-candidate-and-advertising-winners-ahead-of-the-iowa-democratic-caucus-300971722.html
SOURCE Colling Media