BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Walmart Updates Guidance for FY'19 GAAP EPS to $2.90 to $3.05, ex. Flipkart
Walmart Raises Guidance for FY'19 Adjusted EPS to $4.90 to $5.05, ex. Flipkart
- Total revenue was $128.0 billion, an increase of $4.7 billion, or 3.8%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $127.8 billion, an increase of $4.4 billion, or 3.6%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 4.5%, the strongest growth in more than ten years led by the performance of grocery, apparel and seasonal. Strong comp sales were supported by traffic and ticket growth as each exceeded 2.0%.
- Walmart U.S. omni-channel saw significant progress with an expanded online assortment, including 1,100 popular new brands. Grocery pickup is now in more than 1,800 locations, and the company is on track to reach about 40% of the U.S. population by year-end with grocery delivery.
- Sam’s Club comp sales increased 5.0%, the strongest growth in six years.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $29.5 billion, an increase of 4.0%. Excluding currency, net sales were $29.2 billion, an increase of 3.1%. Comp sales were positive in the four largest markets.
- Adjusted EPS excludes the impact of three items:
- Charge of $1.51 related to the sale of a majority stake in Walmart Brazil
- Negative impact of $0.04 due to an adjustment in the provisional amount related to Tax Reform
- Unrealized loss of $0.03 on the company’s equity investment in JD.com
Walmart Inc. (WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180816005270/en/