This Is Warren Buffett's Top Equity Holding, Surpassing Wells Fargo
Warren Buffett's Inc. has taken a real shine to Inc.
Berkshire boosted its holding of the iPhone maker to $28 billion at year-end, surpassing its stake in & Co., which was worth $27.8 billion on Dec. 31. That makes Apple its largest equity holding by market value, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Apple has continued to rally this year, increasing the value of Berkshire's stake to $28.6 billion based on Thursday's closing price. Meanwhile, its Wells Fargo holding has slumped to $27.5 billion. Buffett's company also has been cutting its stake in the San Francisco-based lender to get below a regulatory threshold.
More from Fortune.com
- Teva Is Drowning in Debt and Firing Thousands of Employees. Now Warren Buffett Is Interested
- Here's What 1999 Warren Buffett Might Say About the 2018 Stock Market
- Here's Why Warren Buffett Swears He'll Never Invest in Bitcoin
- Warren Buffett: Tax Cut Will Make Companies More Valuable
- Warren Buffett Just Won a $1 Million Bet