In the video short, SNL guest host David Harbour plays a garbage man named Oscar who becomes disillusioned with the condition of Sesame Street, where Big Bird is a peepshow dancer and Ernie is stabbed after refusing to give up his rubber ducky.
More from Rolling Stone
- 'Joker' Review: Joaquin Phoenix's Joker Is Indeed Wild
- A Deck of Jokers: Ranking the Movies' Clown Princes of Crime
- Chance the Rapper to Return as 'SNL' Host and Musical Guest
Like Joaquin Phoenix’s troubled villain-in-the-making, Harbour’s Oscar seeks psychiatric help to slow his descent. “If everyone calls you trash, if everyone treats you like trash, why don’t just become trash?”
Without spoiling Joker itself, the spoof for the film written by the author of P Is for Potty hits many of the movie cues seen in the Joker trailer: Harbour’s Grouch – while singing the Sesame Street theme – dancing on a stairwell, putting green paint on his face and telling someone off-screen, “Can you do me one favor? Can you call me the Grouch?”
Best of Rolling Stone
- 'Friends': The Top 10 Ross Moments
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- 20 Most Savage 'SNL' Political Impersonations
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.