The main takeaway: wearable tech is already a $3- to $5 billion market today. In the next two to three years, it could skyrocket to $30- to $50 billion.
That means more smartwatches, fitness monitors, shoes, and headsets.
Smartphones are one of the key driving forces behind the expected growth in wearable tech, acting as a hub that keeps all of our devices connected. Over time, wireless devices will become even more popular as hardware improves, and sensors and batteries get better.
Here are some key stats and info from the report:
- There are more than 250 million installed mobile operating systems that can support wearable technology.
- An iWatch could generate $10 billion a year in revenue with an EPS of $3.30. There are currently only nine smartwatches available today.
- Watches are a $56 billion market.
- Regarding retail impact, Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour have best leveraged wearables to enhance the fitness experience and efficacy of their products.
- The health and fitness market is about $2- to $3 billion.
- By 2020, batteries are expected to be 2.2x more powerful.
More From Business Insider