Biotech stocks got some reprieve in this week amid the release of earnings, clinical trial results presentations and positive FDA actions.
Among the noteworthy developments of the week:
- The FDA panel ruling in favor of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ)'s investigational therapy for treatment-resistant depression;
- The agency's approval of Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS)'s liver fluke infestation drug Egaten and a split-dosing regimen of J&J unit Janssen's Darzalex for multiple myeloma;
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: GILD)'s NASH candidate flunking a late-stage study.
Here are some key developments that a biotech investor should focus on next week.
- 11th International Conference on Vascular Dementia – Feb. 15-16, in Amsterdam, Netherlands Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 30th European Heart Diseases and Heart Failure Congress – Feb. 18-19, in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 14th Annual Conference on Nephrology & Renal Care – Feb. 18-19, in Singapore City, Singapore
- World Congress on Pain Medicine and Management – Feb. 20-21, in Singapore City
- International Meeting on Dermato Oncology – Feb. 20-21, in Dallas, U.S.
- 27th Annual Congress on Cancer Science and Targeted Therapies – Feb. 20-21, 2019, San Francisco
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer 2019, Targeted Therapies of Lung Cancer Meeting – Feb. 20-23, in Santa Monica
- 2019 Transportation and Cellular Therapy Meetings – Feb. 20-24, Houston, Texas
- International conference on Dental Research & Dental Treatments – Feb. 22-23, in Dallas
- Conference Dialysis & Renal Replacement Therapy Trends – Feb. 22-23, in Dallas
- 2nd International Conference on Neurology and Neurosurgery – Feb. 22-23, in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting – Feb. 22-25, in San Francisco
Clinical Trial Results
Gamida Cell Ltd (NASDAQ: GMDA) is due to present updated Phase 1 data on its non-Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple myeloma treatment candidate NAM-NK at the 2019 Transportation and Cellular Therapy Meetings on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
TRACON Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: TCON) will present Phase 1 data for its TRC105 in combination with Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (NYSE: BMY)'s Opdivo at the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer to be held between Feb. 20 and Feb. 23.
Orchard Therapeutics PLC – ADR (NASDAQ: ORTX) is due to present Phase 1/2 data for its OTL-101, being evaluated for adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency, at the 2019 Transportation and Cellular Therapy Meetings on Friday, Feb. 22.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: BCRX) is scheduled to present Phase 2 data for BCX7353, its treatment candidate for angioedema attacks in patients with hereditary angioedema at the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Annual Meeting on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Earnings Monday, Feb. 18
Alimera Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: ALIM) (after the market close)
Tuesday, Feb. 19
Spark Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ONCE) (before the market open)
Medtronic PLC (NYSE: MDT) (before the market open)
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc (NASDAQ: RARE) (after the market close)
InspireMD Inc (NYSE: NSPR)
Wednesday, Feb. 20
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) (after the market close)
Thursday, Feb. 21
Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) (after the market close)
DexCom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM) (after the market close)
EXACT Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ: EXAS) (after the market close)
Nevro Corp (NYSE: NVRO)(after the market close)
Friday, Feb. 22
Momenta Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: MNTA) (before the market open)
See more from Benzinga
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Acorda Swings To Profit, Achaogen Offering, Bioblast Strikes Sanfilippo Syndrome Deal
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Vanda Q4 Results, Inovio Debt Offering, Caladrius Diabetes Drug Flunks Mid-Stage Trial
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Exelixis Q4 Results, FDA Panel Greenlights J&J's Depression Drug, MacroGenics Prices Offering
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.