Biotech stocks had an upweek, with the release of clinical trial results and the positive broader market sentiment offering ample support.
Here are some key catalysts that can move biotech stocks in the unfolding week.
- 2019 American College of Cardiology meeting – March 16-18, in New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Society of Gynecologic Oncology's 2019 annual meeting – March 16-19, in Honolulu, Hawaii
- 3rd World Congress on Embryology and In Vitro Fertilization - March 18-19, in New York
- 16th World Hematology Congress - March 18-19, in Rome, Italy
- 7th International Conference on HIV/AIDS, STDs and STIs - March 18-19, in New York
- 23rd International Conference on Neurology & Neurophysiology - March 18-19, in Edinburgh, U.K.
- 20th Annual World Congress on Pediatrics - March 18-19, in Chicago
- Oppenheimer 29th Annual Healthcare Conference – March 19-20, in New York
- 10th Euro Breast Cancer Summit - March 20-21, in Paris, France
- 6th World Congress on Mental Health, Psychiatry and Well-being - March 20-21, in New York
- 9th International Conference and Exhibition on Advanced Cell and Gene Therapy - March 21-22, in Rome
- ENDO 2019 – March 23-26 in New Orleans, Louisiana
The FDA is set to rule Monday on Roche Holdings AG Basel ADR (OTC: RHHBY)'s sBLA for Tecentriq, in combination with carboplatin and etoposide (chemotherapy) for first-line treatment of people with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer, or SCLC.
SAGE Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: SAGE) and Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: LGND) await FDA decision on their NDA for Brexanolone in the treatment of postpartum depression. The -day is set for Tuesday.
On Wednesday, the FDA will rule on Jazz Pharmaceuticals PLC (NASDAQ: JAZZ)'s NDA for JZP-110, its treatment candidate for excessive sleepiness in adult patients with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea.
Clinical Trial Results
PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: PHAS) is scheduled to present Phase 1 data for PB2452, its reversal agent for tricagrelor, at the American College of Cardiology meeting.
AstraZeneca plc (NYSE: AZN) on Monday is due to present Phase 3 data for its Type-2 diabetes candidate Farxiga.
Amarin Corporation plc (NASDAQ: AMRN) on Monday will release new Phase 3 data for Vascepa, its treatment candidate for high triglycerides with mixed dyslipidemia, at the American College of Cardiology meeting.
Leap Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: LPTX) on Monday is due to present Phase 2 data for its endometrial cancer treatment candidate DKN-01 and Paclitaxel at the Society of Gynecologic Oncology meeting.
Strongbridge Biopharma plc (NASDAQ: SBBP) on Saturday is expected to present already-released Phase 3 data for COR-003 that is being evaluated for endogenous Cushing's syndrome at ENDO 2019.
Earnings Monday, March 18
- Aclaris Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ACRS) (before the market open)
- Akebia Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: AKBA) (after the market close)
- Innovate Biopharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: INNT) (after the market close)
- Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX) (after the market close)
Tuesday, March 19
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: CPRX) (before the market open)
- Provention Bio Inc (NASDAQ: PRVB) (after the market close)
Thursday, March 21
- Aptinyx Inc (NASDAQ: APTX) (before the market open)
- Orchard Therapeutics PLC – ADR (NASDAQ: ORTX) (before the market open)
See more from Benzinga
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: KaryoPharm's Selinexor Review Delayed, FDA Accepts Adamis Opioid Overdose Drug NDA
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Arsanis Completes X4 Merger, EC Nod For Roche, Axovant Offering
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: AEterna Zentaris Explores Options, Verastem Plunges On Weak Copiktra Sales, FDA Nod For Aerie
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.