Biotech stocks saw a resurgence this week, as a post-earnings follow-up rally and company-specific news offered support. The iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology Index (ETF) (NASDAQ: IBB) gained about 1.5 percent.
The following catalytic biotech events are set to occur this week:
- 2018 European Society of Cardiology Congress: Aug. 25-29 in Munich, Germany
- 13th European Congress on Epileptology: Aug. 26-30 in Vienna, Austria
- International Conference on Molecular Biology and Medicine: Aug. 27-28 in Dubai, UAE
- 8th Global Experts Meeting on Advances in Neurology and Neuropsychiatry: Aug. 27-28 in Tokyo, Japan
- 5th International Conference on Glycobiology & Glycoproteomics: Aug. 27-28 in Toronto, Canada
- 21st World Congress on Radiology & Cancer Research: Aug 27-28 in Toronto
- 14th International Conference on Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Aug. 29-30 in Toronto
- 5th International Conference on Neglected Tropical & Infectious Diseases: Aug. 29-30 in Boston
- 5th Annual Congress on Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs: Aug. 29-30 in Boston
- 4th Annual Congress on Infectious Diseases: Aug. 29-30 in Boston
- 4th World Congress on Parkinsons & Huntington Disease: Aug. 29-30 in Zurich, Switzerland
- 4th International Conference on Epilepsy & Treatment: Aug. 29-30 in Zurich
- 32nd Annual World Dentistry Summit: Aug. 31-Sept. 1 in Boston
- 6th World Summit on Heart, Stroke & Neurological Disorders: Aug. 31-Sept. 1 in Boston
- 14th World Summit on Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia Care Research and Awareness: Aug. 31-Sept. 1 in Boston
Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: TTPH) awaits FDA decision on Eravacycline, a fully synthetic fluorocycline being developed for complicated intra-abdominal infections.
The FDA is set to rule on Akcea Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: AKCA)'s NDA for Volanesorsen, a RNAi drug to treat patients with familial chylomicronemia syndrome. Akcea is a unit of Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: IONS).
Clinical Trial Results
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) will present late-phase data for Tafamidis, a TTR amyloid cardiomyopathy medication, at the European Society of Cardiology Congress on Monday.
Esperion Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ESPR) is due to release Phase 3 data for bempedoic acid/ezetimibe, being evaluated for hypercholesterolemia.
Xenon Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: XENE) is due to present Phase 1 data for its epilepsy treatment candidate XEN101 at the European Congress on Epileptology.
TG Therapeutics Inc common stock (NASDAQ: TGTX) has scheduled the release of Phase 3 UNITY-CLL study's top-line data for its TG-1101 and TGR-1202 combo to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for the end of summer 2018.
Argenx Shares Up After AbbVie Exercises Option To License Immuno-Oncology Drug
See more from Benzinga
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Immunomedics' Bottom-Line Miss; Kala, Regeneron Await FDA Verdict
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: Novartis Breast Cancer Trial Meets Endpoint, Medpace's Offering, Dexcom Buys TypeZero
- The Daily Biotech Pulse: FDA Snub For Allergan, Myriad's Q4 Beat, Mallinckrodt's Stannsoporfin
© 2018 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.