Biotech stocks had a relatively muted performance last week. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) kick started the second-quarter reporting season for big pharma companies, beating forecasts and an upward adjustment to its full-year sales guidance.
Here are the key catalysts for the unfolding week.
- 10th International AIDS Society, or IAS, Conference on HIV Science – July 21-24, in Mexico City
- The American Society of Retina Specialists, or ASRS, Annual Meeting – July 26-30, in Chicago
The FDA is set to rule on Celgene Corporation's (NASDAQ: CELG) sNDA for Otezla to treat Bechet's disease. The decision is due Sunday, July 21.
Biohaven Pharmaceutical Holding Co Ltd (NYSE: BHVN)'s NDA for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis drug BHV-0223 is up before the FDA, with the regulatory agency expected to rule on the NDA July 25.
Clinical Trial Readouts
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) is scheduled to release Phase 2b 48-week data for its HIV drug MK-8591 at the IAS 2019 conference on Wednesday, July 24. The company recently received FDA nod for its antibacterial medication for complicated urinary tract infection and abdominal infection.
Kodiak Sciences Inc (NASDAQ: KOD) will present Phase 1b data at the ASRS annual meeting on Saturday, July 27.
Earnings Tuesday, July 23
- Biogen Inc (NASDAQ: BIIB) (before the market open)
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (NYSE: EW) (after the market close)
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (NYSE: DGX) (after the market close)
Wednesday, July 24
- Anika Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ANIK) (before the market open)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) (before the market open)
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp (NASDAQ: IART) (before the market open)
- The Medicines Company (NASDAQ: MDCO) (before the market open)
- LeMaitre Vascular Inc (NASDAQ: LMAT) (after the market close)
Thursday, July 25
- Baxter International Inc (NYSE: BAX) (before the market open)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co (NYSE: BMY) (before the market open)
- West Pharmaceutical Services Inc. (NYSE: WST) (before the market open)
- Novocure Ltd (NASDAQ: NVCR) (before the market open)
- ResMed Inc. (NYSE: RMD) (after the market close)
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MMSI) (after the market close)
Friday, July 26
- AbbVie Inc (NYSE: ABBV) (before the market open)
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc (NYSE: ZBH) (before the market open)
Castle Biosciences, a genomic testing company for diagnosing dermatological cancers, is set to offer 3.33 million shares in an IPO at an estimated price range of $14-$16. The company has applied for listing its shares on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol CSTL.
IPO Quiet Period Expiry
- BridgeBio Pharma Inc (NASDAQ: BBIO)
- Adaptive Biotechnologies Corp (NASDAQ: ADPT)
- Morphic Holding Inc (NASDAQ: MORF)
- Karuna Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: KRTX)
See more from Benzinga
- The Week Ahead In Biotech: Johnson & Johnson Kickstarts Big Pharma Earnings
- Novartis, Amgen Scrap Pivotal Study Of Alzheimer's Prevention Drug
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.