Earnings season isn’t over yet. This week, there are still several hundred companies reporting, including some of the most famous names in business.
But not every company has a great earnings track record. It’s not easy to beat every quarter, or nearly every quarter, for years at a time.
It takes good management and a relationship with analysts who clearly know the company. Sometimes it even takes a little bit of luck.
In addition to earnings beats, these five companies have amazing charts as well.
Can they keep their momentum?
5 Amazing Earnings Charts
1. Baidu BIDU is often forgotten among those who want to invest in the Chinese Internet stocks. However, it has a great track record of beating, with no misses since 2014 and some big magnitude beats along the way as well. The shares finally broke out in 2017. Can they keep moving higher?
2. Groupon GRPN hasn’t missed since 2014 but shares were stuck in a narrow range for years. In 2017, finally, they started to see the light. Is a true breakout imminent in 2018 or will hopes be dashed?
3. Cisco CSCO hasn’t missed since 2014. The shares really didn’t go anywhere for years but 2017 was a true breakout year. Even with the slight pullback in 2018, they are still holding most of their rally.
4. Applied Materials AMAT has only missed once in the last 5 years, and that was all the way back in 2013. Shares have soared but have pulled back in the market sell off. Is the rally done?
5. Marriott International MAR has missed just one time, and it was in 2014 over the last 5 years. The travel and leisure industry has been hot as the global economy has strengthened. If you have a job and extra money, what are you doing? You likely want to travel. Can the shares continue to gain in 2018? Or are they too hot to handle?
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Groupon, Inc. (GRPN) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Baidu, Inc. (BIDU) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Marriott International (MAR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research