This is a big week for earnings as over 1,000 companies are set to report across every sector and industry.
While most of FAANG has reported, Apple remains the final holdout. It has the best earnings surprise record of the group, though, with just 1 miss in the last 5 years.
Still, there are plenty of other well-known companies also reporting this week.
These 5 companies are notorious, but not necessarily for the best reasons. One is trading near 5-year lows. Another is at 5-year highs. And WW has Oprah back as its spokesperson.
Traders will be closely watching each of these this week.
The 5 Must-See Earnings Charts This Week
1. CVS CVS has only missed two times in the last 5 years. But shares are now trading near the 5-year lows. Shares are down 28% over the last 5 years versus a gain of 56% for the S&P 500. Is there anything they can say on the conference call to win back investor confidence?
2. Estee Lauder EL has only missed once in the last 5 years. Impressive. After the shares took a time out in 2018, they have soared in 2019. Shares are up 32% year-to-date. Is there still more in the tank?
3. Chemours CC has recorded 6 beats in a row. Shares sold off in 2018 and are now down 25% over the past year. They have seen a bounce in 2019, however. Can it take out the prior highs this year?
4. WW WW is having growing pains as it changes its branding from Weight Watchers, to the wellness of “WW.” Shares have done a round trip Over the last year, they’re down 72%. Is this a buying opportunity?
5. Funko FNKO has beat 4 quarters in a row since its 2017 IPO. This pop culture company saw a big sell off in 2018 but the shares have now jumped 50% year-to-date.
[In full disclosure, the author of this article owns shares of FNKO in her personal portfolio.]
Is Your Investment Advisor Fumbling Your Financial Future?
See how you can more effectively safeguard your retirement with a new Special Report, “4 Warning Signs Your Investment Advisor Might Be Sabotaging Your Financial Future.”
Click to get it free >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
The Chemours Company (CC) : Free Stock Analysis Report
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (EL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
CVS Health Corporation (CVS) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Weight Watchers International Inc (WW) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Funko, Inc. (FNKO) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research