Only about 150 companies are reporting earnings this week but those include many of the big-name retailers.
After being left for dead in 2017, many of the retail stocks surged back to life in 2018 only to see volatility again in 2019.
Some retailers continue to thrive, even with the threat of Amazon still looming over them. Others, though, are having a more difficult time.
Will this earnings report be a game changer for these companies heading into the next holiday season?
This Week’s 5 Must-See Retail Earnings Charts
1. Urban Outfitters URBN which is the parent of Urban, Free People and Anthropologie, hasn’t missed since 2017. But the shares have done a round trip since the end of 2017. Off the lows of 2019, the shares are still down 9% year-to-date. Is the sell-off over done?
2. Target TGT has beat 3 quarters in a row and shares have finally busted out to new 5-year highs after several years of treading water. Is this breakout for real?
3. L Brands LB is going the opposite direction as the shares have hit new 5-year lows in 2019. They’re down 32% year-to-date. The company still pays a dividend, currently yielding 6.6%. Is this finally the bottom? What will it take to turn the company around?
4. Macy’s M has been left for dead several times over the last few years but in 2019 the shares hit new 5-year lows. It’s trading with a forward P/E of just 6x. It’s been rewarding shareholders with a dividend, currently yielding 9%. Is the worst priced in?
5. Nordstrom JWN is off the 2019 lows but shares are still down 20% year-to-date. It also pays a dividend, currently yielding about 3.9%. It’s cheap as well, trading at 11.4x. It has beat 5 out of the last 6 quarters. Is this a buying opportunity?
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, it’s expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks’ just-released special report reveals 8 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 8 breakthrough stocks now>>
Click to get this free report Urban Outfitters, Inc. (URBN) : Free Stock Analysis Report Nordstrom, Inc. (JWN) : Free Stock Analysis Report L Brands, Inc. (LB) : Free Stock Analysis Report Target Corporation (TGT) : Free Stock Analysis Report Macy's, Inc. (M) : Free Stock Analysis Report To read this article on Zacks.com click here. Zacks Investment Research