Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW) is the largest provider of weight control programs in the world. The company enagages in a core philosophy that uses a science-driven approach to help participants lose weight by forming helpful habits, eating smarter, getting more exercise, and providing support. Weight Watchers was formed in 1963 and is headquartered in New York City.
Currently, Weight Watchers has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but it is subject to change following the release of the company’s latest earnings report. We have highlighted some of the key statistics from this just announced report below.
1. Beat earnings estimates. The company posted $0.39 EPS, surpassing our Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.30 (this number excludes $0.01 from non-recurring items).
2. Beat revenue estimates. The company saw revenue figures of $273.3 million, beating our estimate of $266 million.
3. Noted that the company is raising its full year fiscal 2015 earnings guidance to between $0.64 and $0.74 per fully diluted share on an adjusted basis.
4. President and CEO Jim Chambers said that "In December, we will be launching a comprehensive program innovation as we expand our purpose from weight loss alone to more broadly helping people lead healthier, happier lives. The response to our groundbreaking partnership with
5. WTW was up $2.07, or 12.23%, to $19.00 as of 5:06 PM ET in after hours trading shortly after its earnings report was released.
Here’s a graph detailing Weight Watchers' quarterly EPS:
Check back later for our full analysis on Weight Watchers’ third quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
WEIGHT WATCHERS (WTW): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research