The U.S. Department of Labor reported that the U.S. economy lost 61,000 retail jobs in the past two months. Fortunately for all the displaced retail sales employees, the economy as a whole is performing exceptionally well at the moment. The overall unemployment rate is down to just 4.5 percent, its lowest level in a decade.
Related Link: Retail Job Number Hitting Scary Levels
The good news is that the thousands of Americans who have lost jobs in the past year have plenty of options out there to transition their sales prowess away from the struggling brick-and-mortar retail industry and into a growing field.
Back in November, Indeed.com made a list of American companies with the most number of open sales positions listed on their site. Here’s a look at the top eight names:
- 8. The Schwan Food Company - 640 openings
- 7. Estee Lauder Companies Inc (NYSE: EL) - 660 openings
- 6. Russell Cellular - 660 openings
- 5. Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE: WFC) - 860 openings
- 4. Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL) - 900 openings
- 3. BDS Marketing - 1,090 openings
- 2. Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ: CTAS) - 1,350 openings
- 1. ADT Securities-1,380 openings
In addition to the companies mentioned above, Indeed reports that Amazon.com, Inc (NASDAQ: AMZN), H & R Block Inc (NYSE: HRB) and Deloitte are the three U.S. companies with the most overall (including non-sales) positions to fill which pay at least $50,000 per year. These three companies recently had more than 11,000 combined high-paying job openings.
See more from Benzinga
- JPMorgan Lists 7 Reasons Why Twilio Is A Buy
- Amazon Grabs 'Thursday Night Football' Streaming Rights, Another Blow For Twitter
- Amazon Connect Could Mean Big Trouble For Twilio
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.