This article was originally published on ETFTrends.com.
As the ETF industry grows and matures, investors are gravitating toward specific areas of interest and targeted investment strategies
"I think what we are already seeing - costs matter. We continue to see that," Susan Thompson, Head of SPDR Americans Distribution for State Street Global Investors, said at Inside ETFs.
For example, State Street Global Advisors has a line of dirt-cheap ETFs to provide exposure to a range of core equity and fixed-income asset classes, including:
- SPDR Portfolio Total Stock Market ETF (SPTM) 0.03% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Large Cap ETF (SPLG) 0.03% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Mid Cap ETF (SPMD) 0.05% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Small Cap ETF (SPSM) 0.05% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500® Growth ETF (SPYG) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 Value ETF (SPYV) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 High Dividend ETF (SPYD) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio World ex-US ETF (SPDW) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Emerging Markets ETF (SPEM) 0.11% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Aggregate Bond ETF (SPAB) 0.04% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Long Term Corporate Bond ETF (SPLB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Intermediate Term Corporate Bond ETF (SPIB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Short Term Corporate Bond ETF (SPSB) 0.07% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Long Term Treasury ETF (SPTL) 0.06% expense ratio
- SPDR Portfolio Short Term Treasury ETF (SPTS) 0.06% expense ratio
As more investors look to invest, many have become disillusioned with costly active fund strategies, opting to funnel more money into low-cost, passive index-based ETFs.
"I think it is a great time to be an investor," Noel Archard, Global Head of State Street SPDR ETF Product for State Street Global Advisors, said.
"Investors have to get educated on what is the best fit for their portfolios, but when they find that fund, it is a very low cost, diversified product they can hold and go into anywhere," he added.
For more ETF-related commentary from Tom Lydon and other industry experts, visit our video category.
POPULAR ARTICLES AND RESOURCES FROM ETFTRENDS.COM
- SPY ETF Quote
- VOO ETF Quote
- QQQ ETF Quote
- VTI ETF Quote
- JNUG ETF Quote
- Top 34 Gold ETFs
- Top 34 Oil ETFs
- Top 57 Financials ETFs
- In the Know: Building a Low Cost, Defensive Portfolio
- Women in ETFs, Partners Ring the Bell for Gender Equality
- 10 ETFs to Navigate Quickly Changing Market Conditions
- In the Know: Deploying Capital Strategically in 2019
- Fidelity Launches Multi-Factor ETF for Often-Overlooked MidCap Equities