KeyBanc Capital Markets turned "incrementally more constructive" on Ambarella Inc (NASDAQ: AMBA) after hosting investor meetings with management with conversations ranging from new product ramps and China.
KeyBanc's John Vinh maintains a Sector Weight rating on Ambarella.
KeyBanc's chat with Ambarella's management prompted the research firm to become "increasingly confident" revenue can stabilize in the back half of 2019 and show sequential growth in 2020, Vinh said in a research report. The three reasons to support this stance include:
- Consumer revenues are now mostly derisked;
- Car recorder design wins are likely to ramp from favorable industry trends moving from after-market devices to OEMs and Ambarella's core advantages over its peers including programmability and performance; and
- A new CV AI security camera could see design wins.
Vinh said Ambarella's China-related concerns appear to have eased for now with no reason to expect incremental risk to revenues associated with two notable clients, Hikvision and Dahua. Huawei's entrance into the security market is likely to create a conflict of interest that could result in Ambarella at the very least maintaining if not increasing its market share in China.
Ambarella's stock traded about 1.5 percent higher to $49.39 per share Monday afternoon.
Ambarella Analysts See Long-Term Opportunity In Computer Vision
Despite China Overhang, Morgan Stanley Remains An Ambarella Bull
Photo courtesy of Ambarella.
Latest Ratings for AMBA
|Aug 2018||Bank of America||Downgrades||Neutral||Underperform|
|Aug 2018||Deutsche Bank||Maintains||Hold||Hold|
View More Analyst Ratings for AMBA
View the Latest Analyst Ratings
See more from Benzinga
- GMP Upgrades Canopy Growth To Buy Following Acreage Deal
- 6 Cannabis Execs On The Strengths Of Their Businesses
- Bed Bath & Beyond Co-Founders To Retire Amid Board Shuffle
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.