After announcing blowout second-quarter results, shares of PetIQ (NASDAQ: PETQ), a provider of pet medication and veterinary services, jumped 22% as of 10:45 a.m. EDT on Wednesday.
Here are the key takeaways from the quarter:
- Revenue increased 96%, to $171.1 million. For perspective, market watchers had predicted just $148.5 million in revenue, so this was a significant beat.
- Net income was $5.4 million. Adjusted net income was $10.6 million, or $0.66 per share. This figure was also much higher than the $0.38 in adjusted earnings per share (EPS) that Wall Street was expecting.
- 17 new wellness centers and three regional offices were opened during the period.
- An antitrust complaint that was filed against the company by Med Vets Inc. was dismissed.
- Full-year revenue guidance was raised to $500 million.
Image source: Getty Images.
It was a solid report all around, so it's no surprise to see shares skyrocketing today in response.
PetIQ's results show just how much demand there is for premium pet products and services. The company estimates that its current addressable market opportunity in the U.S. is nearly $41 billion, so there's still ample room left for this company to gobble up market share.
With revenue and profits poised to rapidly increase in the years ahead, PetIQ looks like a great stock for growth-focused investors to get to know.
More From The Motley Fool
- 3 Growth Stocks at Deep-Value Prices
- 5 Expected Social Security Changes in 2018
- 6 Years Later, 6 Charts That Show How Far Apple, Inc. Has Come Since Steve Jobs' Passing
- 10 Best Stocks to Buy Today
- The $16,122 Social Security Bonus You Cannot Afford to Miss
- Bitcoin's Biggest Competitor Isn't Ethereum -- It's This