PLEASANTON, CA--(Marketwired - May 6, 2014) - Workday, Inc. (
Workday Recruiting is announced with the company's latest update, Workday 22, which also includes new HR and finance features that arm global organizations with full visibility to manage talent, customer accounts, spend, and expenses.
A New Recruiting Experience Built for Collaboration Between Talent and Hiring Teams
Traditional applicant tracking systems have forced many organizations to rely on a patchwork of point solutions, spreadsheets, and emails to navigate the recruiting process, often leaving hiring managers without insight to manage their talent pipelines. This prompted Workday to collaborate with customers to design Workday Recruiting, a new application that fills the void for a simple, intuitive recruiting experience that supports the needs of everyone involved in a hiring decision including candidates, hiring managers, the interview team, and recruiters. Built with flexibility and collaboration at the core, Workday Recruiting marks the introduction of a dynamic business process framework in Workday HCM, which gives hiring teams the freedom to add or adjust steps to the recruiting process at the pace their businesses demand.
Approximately 70 customers have already selected Workday Recruiting, with early adopters including Equifax, McKee Foods, and Noble Drilling Services. With Workday Recruiting, customers are able to:
- Gain complete insight into the talent pipeline - Workday Recruiting is unified with Workday HCM to ensure information is readily available at every stage of the talent lifecycle in one complete system. For example, organizations are able to:
- Source and nurture internal and external candidates in a single place.
- Analyze recruiting demand, identify gaps, and deploy new strategies based on real-time data.
- Drive better decisions with workforce analytics embedded into every stage of the talent lifecycle.
- Improve the candidate experience - Workday Recruiting expedites and simplifies the job application process for internal and external candidates. For example:
- External applicants can access a responsive career site to easily apply for a job.
- Internal candidates have improved visibility into open positions within the organization and can quickly apply with their profile already in Workday.
- Collaborate on hiring decisions - Workday Recruiting reduces silos and inefficiencies in the recruiting process by facilitating collaboration among candidates and the hiring team. For example:
- Recruiters can share candidate resumes and provide real-time feedback from screening interviews with hiring managers.
- Interview teams can track candidate progress and communicate about next steps instead of relying on disjointed email and hallway conversations that live outside the system.
- Socialize recruiting efforts - Organizations can harness the recruiting power of social connectors woven throughout the application. For example:
- Internal and external candidates are able to auto-fill a job application with information from their social profile.
- Recruiters can set up automated processes to promote job postings across a variety of social channels.
- Hiring managers can boost referrals and recommendations with buttons for employees to share job postings with people in their social networks.
- Advance the hiring process anytime, anywhere - With accessibility across desktop and mobile devices, candidates and hiring teams can easily review information and quickly take action everywhere they go. For example:
- Recruiters can find internal workers or external candidates with a click of a button on a laptop.
- Hiring managers can scroll through resumes, and input or review feedback on a smartphone.
- Executives can drill down into staffing metrics with real-time workforce analytics on a tablet.
Comments on the News
"Because Workday Recruiting is unified with Workday HCM, we will have complete visibility into external and internal talent pools to more quickly and accurately align our business and project needs with our workforce," said Marli Bober, global human resources information systems manager, Noble Drilling Services. "With real-time analytics, we can quickly track progress to staff drilling rigs with the right talent, from planning and sourcing to recruiting, onboarding, and ramp-up. It's all in Workday."
"Talent acquisition is one of the most strategic and complex areas of human resources, with more than $140 billion in spending and hundreds of tools to use," said Josh Bersin, principal and founder, Bersin by Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP. "Workday Recruiting represents a new breed of solutions that brings together all the elements of modern recruiting, optimized and unified on the Workday platform."
"Workday Recruiting looks, feels, and functions unlike anything in the market, because it was built to benefit every person involved in the hiring process. Whether it's an applicant on the bus, a manager at their desk, or an executive in the boardroom, the application enables candidates and hiring teams to take action no matter where they are," said Leighanne Levensaler, vice president of human capital management products, Workday. "Workday Recruiting is woven into the fabric of Workday HCM -- seamlessly a part of all people practices and analytics, including the ability to source and nurture internal and external talent, while offering full transparency into workforce planning."
Please visit the Workday blog for additional perspective on the news, including:
- Introducing Workday Recruiting, from Leighanne Levensaler, vice president, HCM products, Workday
- Workday 22: Simpler, Faster, and Smarter Finance Management for Large Enterprises, from Raphael Bres, vice president, product strategy, financial management, Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers human capital management, financial management and analytics applications designed for the world's largest organisations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, our expectations for future benefits and performance. The words "believe," "may," "will," "anticipate," "intend," "expect," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Risks include, but are not limited to, those described in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Workday assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
Any unreleased services, features, or functions referenced in this document, our website or other press releases or public statements that are not currently available are subject to change at Workday's discretion and may not be delivered as planned or at all. Customers who purchase Workday, Inc. services should make their purchase decisions based upon services, features and functions that are currently available.
© 2014. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc.
iPad and iPhone are a registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.