It’s the fantasy football game you’ve been waiting on for years. Yahoo Sports is launching its newest, free fantasy game — Yahoo Sports College Fantasy Football — that can be played across all devices including desktop and the Yahoo Sports Fantasy app.
Now you can play with the stars on Saturday, just like you do on Sunday, and compete for a championship using the best players college football has to offer. The season will last 13 weeks, starting with games the week of August 30 and conclude ahead of conference title games.
You can pick players from 65 teams
Yahoo Sports College Fantasy Football will feature players from 65 teams. That’s all of the Power Five (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC) teams plus Notre Dame.
From there, your team will look very much like your normal NFL fantasy roster. It will feature 15 player slots, just like the default roster size for NFL fantasy football:
- 1 QB
- 2 RB
- 2 WR
- 1 TE
- 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE)
- 1 K
- 1 D/ST
- 6 bench
Just like with NFL fantasy, you can create or join a league that hosts between four and 20 players. You can choose from three different draft styles — standard, autodraft and offline. Your commissioner can customize scoring. Default scoring in 2018 will include a half-point per reception. No Pro or Cash leagues will be available.
The fun gets started August 30
You can begin creating your leagues and drafting your teams today! Then the season starts up on August 30, the first full weekend of college football, and runs for 13 weeks, ending on November 24. Conference title games and bowl games will not count.
The default playoffs will take four teams over two weeks, but you can change those settings to six teams over three weeks or up to eight teams over three weeks. The world is your oyster, so sign up today.
Here’s how to set up your league
Never played Yahoo Fantasy Football before, or just need a refresher? No problem. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Choose whether to be a commissioner or a manager. If you’re a commissioner, you’re in charge of all the settings of the league discussed above. If you’re a manager, you just take control of your own team.
- Join a league. In the case of College Fantasy Football, you may choose a private league (where you choose who you play with) or a public league, where you play against managers all over the world.
- Draft players. Build your team with your draft, which could be online, offline or autodrafted.
- Manage your roster. Throughout the year, players may get hurt or underperform, and you might want to “drop them from your roster and “add” desired free agents.
- Customize your team. Pick a cool team name, picture and much more!