That is the case right now as tensions around the trade wars between China and US are increasing. All three setups are pretty similar to each other and the correlation between them is high.
First one is the CHFJPY, which on Monday, broke the crucial long-term support using the bearish gap. The breakout, from the technical point of view, was promoted by the descending triangle pattern. After the breakout, the price rushed to close the gap and created the pennant formation. Pennant was promoting a further slide and this is precisely what happened. The sentiment right now is definitely negative.
AUDJPY is the second one and here we also had a gap, which allowed to break a major support. In this case, the support is dynamic and connects higher lows since January. Traders managed to close the gap and after that, immediately started to sell. As long as we stay below the black line, bears have bigger chance for a success.
Last one is the GBPJPY loved for its volatility. Most recently, the price managed to break crucial horizontal support on the 143.8, which gave us a proper sell signal. Whole slide was initiated at the beginning of May with a very nice false breakout pattern. When you see this, tell me, how can you not love this kind of setups?
This article is written by Tomasz Wisniewski, a senior analyst at Alpari Research & Analysis
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Yen Bulls gain Confidence
- Natural Gas Price Prediction – Prices Rally Ahead of Inventory Report
- Gold Price Futures (GC) Technical Analysis – May 8, 2019 Forecast
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural gas markets rally
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude oil markets sending mixed signals
- E-mini S&P 500 Index (ES) Futures Technical Analysis – May 8, 2019 Forecast