For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – November 21, 2019 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by cks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
How to Screen for the Best Growth Stocks
Welcome to Episode #202 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, Tracey has gone solo to discuss how to find the best growth stocks.
The Zacks Rank covers about 4400 companies. That’s a lot of choice. How does an investor interested in the hot growth stocks narrow it down to the best?
Screening for the Best Growth Stocks
Zacks.com’s Stock Screener has a lot of tools that investors can used to find great stocks.
To find growth stocks, you need growth. Obviously.
This screen included earnings growth of 20% this year, and 20% last year, to ensure that they have a track record of growth.
Investors should also look for sales growth of at least 10%.
The screen also included stocks over $5 and with a minimum average trading volume of 100,000 so that there were no microcaps.
And, to get rising earnings estimates, the screen included only Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks. That is a universe of just 220 stocks.
This screen returned 26 stocks.
5 of the Best Growth Stocks Right Now
1. Boot Barn Holdings Inc. (BOOT) is a niche retailer selling lifestyle and work boots at 240 stores and online. Same-store-sales were up 7.8% in the second quarter. The company raised full year guidance. Earnings are expected to be up 30.6% this year and sales growth is forecast to jump 14.6%. Shares are up 138% year-to-date. Can the rally continue?
2. Alteryx (AYX), the data analytics company, has seen its shares fall 21.7% in the last 3 months. Yet earnings growth is expected to be 3000% this year as analysts expect $0.58 versus a loss of $0.02 last year. Revenue is forecast to surge 55.2%. Is this a buying opportunity with the shares pulling back?
3. RedHill Biopharma (RDHL) has gotten FDA approval for two key products including Talicia and Aemcolo. Both will be launching in the US in the fourth quarter and the first quarter of 2020. Sales are expected to grow 108% this year. The stock is just over $5. Should growth investors be checking in?
4. Innovative Industrial Properties (IIPR) is a REIT that specializes in cannabis growers for medical marijuana. It pays out 90% of its income to shareholders with a current yield of 3.7%. Sales are expected to rise 130% this year.
5. SPS Commerce (SPSC) provides retail cloud services. It has grown revenue for 75 consecutive quarters. Revenue is expected to rise 12.5% this year with earnings growth of 26%. Is this company a hidden gem?
What else should investors know about screening for growth?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
Biggest Tech Breakthrough in a Generation
Be among the early investors in the new type of device that experts say could impact society as much as the discovery of electricity. Current technology will soon be outdated and replaced by these new devices. In the process, it’s expected to create 22 million jobs and generate $12.3 trillion in activity.
A select few stocks could skyrocket the most as rollout accelerates for this new tech. Early investors could see gains similar to buying Microsoft in the 1990s. Zacks’ just-released special report reveals 8 stocks to watch. The report is only available for a limited time.
See 8 breakthrough stocks now>>
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
SPS Commerce, Inc. (SPSC) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Redhill Biopharma Ltd. (RDHL) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Boot Barn Holdings, Inc. (BOOT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. (IIPR) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Alteryx, Inc. (AYX) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research