For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – December 23, 2019 – Zacks Market Edge is a podcast hosted weekly by cks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
(Please add the Soundcloud link from this URL for the PR. Thanks: https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/678926/investing-outlook-for-2020-recession-or-not)
Investing Outlook for 2020: Recession or Not?
Welcome to Episode #206 of the Zacks Market Edge Podcast.
Every week, host and Zacks stock strategist, Tracey Ryniec, will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life.
This week, Tracey is joined by John Blank, Zacks Chief Equity Strategist, for their now annual December episode, to discuss the US economy and to give their stock market outlook heading into the new year.
Is a recession finally in the cards for 2020?
What are the signs investors should look for?
Big cap stocks have been on a big 2-year run. Valuations are stretched.
Is there still more gas in the tank for the big cap rally?
Which Industries Will Shine in 2020?
1. Edwards Lifesciences EW has been on a huge 2-year rally, with the shares up 105.5% in that time. They now trade with a forward P/E of 42. Is healthcare still the sector to be in in 2020?
2. Sony SNE has been a value stock for over a year but shares are up 39% year-to-date and the stock now trade with a forward P/E of 16.7. Are foreign stocks with well-known brands the place to be in 2020?
3. Alibaba BABA is another well-known foreign company that is up big in 2019. Shares have jumped 53% and now trade with a forward P/E of 28. With double digit sales and earnings growth expected in 2020, is the rally set to continue in the new year?
4. State Street Corp. STT is one of those overlooked big banks where investors may be able to find value in 2020. Although shares are up 24% year-to-date, they are still down 18.4% over the last 2 years. With a forward P/E of 13.8, should investors put banks on their wish lists?
5. Exxon Mobil XOM, and the rest of energy, has lagged the S&P 500 in 2019. Shares of Exxon are down 0.6% year-to-date while the S&P 500 is up 27%. But it now yields 5% and earnings are expected to rise 31.4% in 2020. Will energy finally rebound in 2020?
What else do Tracey and John think stock investors should be watching in 2020?
Listen to this week’s podcast to find out.
5 Stocks Set to Double
Each was hand-picked by a Zacks expert as the #1 favorite stock to gain +100% or more in 2020. Each comes from a different sector and has unique qualities and catalysts that could fuel exceptional growth.
Most of the stocks in this report are flying under Wall Street radar, which provides a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Today, See These 5 Potential Home Runs >>
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss.This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
State Street Corporation (STT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Sony Corporation (SNE) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (EW) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.