For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – Nov 17, 2017 – Zacks Value Investor is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here: (https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/283021/the-best-redhot-value-stocks)
The Best Red-Hot Value Stocks
Welcome to Episode #68 of the Value Investor Podcast
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio service, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
Instead of hearing about all the doom and gloom in value investing, how about we take a look at value stocks that are actually breaking out?
Are there any that have momentum?
Tracey ran a screen looking for Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) or #2 (Buy) stocks along with a Zacks Style Score for Value of A. She also wanted them to be trading close to their 52-week high, so she screened for stocks trading within 10% of that level.
Surprisingly, the screen returned 35 stocks.
That’s not too shabby.
These are the five that made the grade.
5 Red Hot Value Stocks
1. CDW Corporation (CDW) is a large cap technology solutions provider which is expected to do double digit earnings growth in 2017 and again in 2018. Shares are up 10% in 2017 but have jumped 60% in the last 2 years. Despite the surge in the shares, it’s not expensive, with a forward P/E of 17.6, which is under the average of the S&P 500.
2. Boise Cascade (BCC) is one of the largest producers of engineered wood, and plywood, in North America. With all the natural disasters in 2017, plywood has, obviously, been in demand. Third quarter sales were up 15%. Shares are up 58% year-to-date but still have attractive valuations.
3. Ecopetrol (EC) is Colombia’s largest oil company. With crude at 2-year highs, earnings estimates are soaring. Earnings are expected to jump 205% in 2017 and another 58% in 2018. Shares are up 31% year-to-date but still trade with a forward P/E of 15.5.
4. Huntsman Corporation (HUN) was expected to merge with Clariant of Switzerland in a $14 billion deal but it was scuttled by an investor revolt in late October. Shares have jumped 58% year-to-date but it’s still dirt cheap, with a forward P/E of only 11.8.
5. H&E Equipment Services (HEES) is one of the largest equipment services firms in the United States. It sells, rents and provides equipment parts. Earnings are expected to rise 53% in 2017 but fall 9.3% in 2018. Still, it pays a dividend, currently yielding 3.2% even though shares are up 41% on the year.
Is there a pattern with these stocks that are breaking out, yet are still cheap?
Tracey discusses what value investors might discover when looking at these 5 names collectively. Yes, she sees a change in what has momentum in the market.
What else should you know about value stocks that are red hot?
Listen to this week’s podcast to find out.
More Stock News: This Is Bigger than the iPhone!
It could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple sold a mere 1 billion iPhones in 10 years but a new breakthrough is expected to generate more than 27 billion devices in just 3 years, creating a $1.7 trillion market.
Zacks has just released a Special Report that spotlights this fast-emerging phenomenon and 6 tickers for taking advantage of it. If you don't buy now, you may kick yourself in 2020.
Click here for the 6 trades >>
Want more value investing insights from Tracey?
Check out her weekly Value Investor service to receive more in-depth analysis on value companies and see which stocks Tracey thinks are the best bargains now.
It holds between 20 and 25 value stocks for the long haul.
Click here to learn more.
Tracey Ryniec is the Value Stock Strategist for Zacks.com. She is also the Editor of the Insider Trader and Value Investor services. You can follow her on twitter at @TraceyRyniec and she also hosts the Zacks Market Edge Podcast on iTunes.
Zacks.com is a property of Zacks Investment Research, Inc., which was formed in 1978. The later formation of the Zacks Rank, a proprietary stock picking system; continues to outperform the market by nearly a 3 to 1 margin. The best way to unlock the profitable stock recommendations and market insights of Zacks Investment Research is through our free daily email newsletter; Profit from the Pros. In short, it's your steady flow of Profitable ideas GUARANTEED to be worth your time! Click here for your free subscription to Profit from the Pros.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/zacksresearch
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zacks-Investment-Research/57553657748?ref=ts
Zacks Investment Research is under common control with affiliated entities (including a broker-dealer and an investment adviser), which may engage in transactions involving the foregoing securities for the clients of such affiliates.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
CDW Corporation (CDW) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Boise Cascade, L.L.C. (BCC) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Huntsman Corporation (HUN) : Free Stock Analysis Report
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (HEES) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Ecopetrol S.A. (EC) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.