For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – October 30, 2020 – Zacks Value Trader is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
What Stocks Should Be on Your Wish List?
Welcome to Episode #211 of the Value Investor Podcast.
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
Just like that, as COVID cases rise in the United States and Europe and some government restrictions are back in place, the bulls have taken their gains off the table and moved to the sidelines.
Even the hottest industry, the semiconductors, is down about 5% over the last 5 sessions.
With some of the hot growth stocks seeing a pullback, maybe it’s time to put together a wish list of great companies that could get cheaper in the next few weeks?
They’re Not Cheap
No one would argue that any of these hot growth stocks are cheap. Nor are they values on the classic valuation method of P/E or price-to-book ratios.
But all five of these stocks are off their recent highs.
Why not buy stocks on sale?
5 Hot Growth Stocks for Your Wish List
1. Advanced Micro Devices AMD is up 66% year-to-date but it has fallen 6% over the last 5 sessions even after it reported strong earnings and announced it was buying Xilinx. Yes, it trades with a forward P/E of 71 but a further sell-off means the stock is on sale.
2. NVIDIA NVDA has been nearly untouchable for value investors since its spring coronavirus sell-off lows. Shares are up 114% year-to-date and it’s now trading at 58x forward earnings. But over the last 5 sessions it’s fallen 5.5%.
3. Wingstop WING has been one of the best performing publicly traded restaurant chains in 2020. For the second quarter, same-store-sales jumped 31.9% but it kept that momentum even after the lockdowns ended, adding same-store-sales comps of 25.4% in the third quarter. Not surprising, given the execution, shares were up 95% year-to-date over the summer, and hitting new highs. But they’ve retreated in recent months and are now down 9% over the last month. Should value investors be poking around?
4. Domino’s Pizza DPZ has also been a hot restaurant pandemic play. It’s app and delivery capabilities has translated into stellar same-store-sales, with third quarter US sales jumping another 17.5%. It hasn’t pulled back as much as some of the others, only losing 2% in the last 5 sessions. But if it pulls back further, is it a buying opportunity?
5. Chipotle Mexican Grill CMG launched its loyalty program, and grab and go capabilities, at exactly the right time. It’s also been one of the big pandemic winners but shares are the most expensive they’ve been in years, with a forward P/E of 119. Still, shares have lost 7.7% over the last 5 sessions. Should you buy Chipotle if you can get it on sale?
There are dozens of other companies that value investors could also have on their wish lists.
Find out more about keeping a wish list, and what should be on it, on this week’s podcast.
Looking for Stocks with Skyrocketing Upside?
Zacks has just released a Special Report on the booming investment opportunities of legal marijuana.
Ignited by new referendums and legislation, this industry is expected to blast from an already robust $6.7 billion to $20.2 billion in 2021. Early investors stand to make a killing, but you have to be ready to act and know just where to look.
See the pot trades we're targeting>>
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Dominos Pizza Inc (DPZ) : Free Stock Analysis Report
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Wingstop Inc. (WING) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research