MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 11, 2013) - Zettaset, the leader in secure Big Data management, announced today that Zettaset Orchestrator, a distribution-agnostic cluster management platform, now supports the recent Hadoop distribution releases from Cloudera and Hortonworks, enabling users to reduce Hadoop complexity, streamline deployments and eliminate time-consuming manual configuration processes and costly professional services.
Users of Cloudera CDH and Hortonworks HDP can now deploy Zettaset Orchestrator's software to automate the installation and administration of their distributions and infrastructure, while reaping the benefits of enterprise-class manageability, security, and high availability throughout the cluster environment.
"Open source Hadoop distributions from Cloudera and Hortonworks are predominant, but still lack the critical management and security capabilities that enterprises need," said Jim Vogt, CEO of Zettaset. "Zettaset Orchestrator offers unique advantages for Cloudera and Hortonworks customers seeking to reduce administrative complexity as they scale up their Big Data deployments. By installing Orchestrator as the Hadoop cluster manager, Cloudera and Hortonworks customers can immediately see the benefits of improved visibility into the cluster, ease of management, and more comprehensive security."
Zettaset Orchestrator is not a Hadoop distribution, but operates as an independent management layer that works in conjunction with open source distributions. Enterprises that need to address policy enforcement, regulatory compliance, access control, and risk management within Hadoop clusters can now confidently deploy Zettaset Orchestrator to provide enterprise-class management capabilities within Cloudera and Hortonworks environments.
Orchestrator's software automation approach simplifies Hadoop deployment and eliminates unnecessary dependencies on professional services, reduces Hadoop IT resource requirements, and helps business units achieve faster time to value with their Big Data projects. Zettaset's Big Data Management Platform also:
- Simplifies Hadoop deployment and day-to-day management using Orchestrator's sophisticated installer and intuitive graphical user interface, including automated installation of NameNode, Job Tracker, and Kerberos across the cluster.
- Provides comprehensive node security, including fine-grained role-based access control and centralized logging to meet compliance requirements.
- Eliminates common Hadoop single-points-of-failure, provides high availability for all critical services including NameNode and Job Tracker, and manages node failover automatically.
- Supports secure multi-tenancy and policy enforcement through Orchestrator's LDAP/AD integration.
- Enables easy sharing and publishing of MapReduce jobs within an organization to eliminate redundant efforts and improve productivity.
For more information on Zettaset Orchestrator, please visit http://www.zettaset.com/platform.php.
Zettaset is an enterprise software company and the creator of Orchestrator™, an enterprise-ready Hadoop cluster management solution designed for organizations that need a more automated, efficient, and reliable way to structure and manage Big Data. Orchestrator significantly improves Hadoop cluster management, security, availability and performance.
Unlike other Big Data approaches, which are complex and require significant time and resources to implement, Orchestrator is easy to deploy, enabling faster time to value by eliminating unnecessary dependencies on professional services.