U.S. Markets open in 4 hrs 49 mins

Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP)

NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
149.93+0.53 (+0.35%)
At close: 1:00PM EST
Sign in to post a message.
  • S
    Sienna
    Check out (http://Trade-view.com). They just mentioned AAP in the daily newsletter.
  • A
    Alexander
    Lol, that article about why it may fall in before hours is strange. "It might be because investors think that the business won't benefit from reopened ecconomy". Lol, this business runs on stores, so yes, it will. It's not a tech company that rallied in covid time, just due to covid
  • A
    Alexander
    Wonderful earnings, revenue!
  • d
    doug
    Apple analyst Ming -Chi Kuo est iph 12 preorders 7-9 million with those numbers likely to rise with 12 pro max mini sales yet to come. 12 and 12 pro numbers nearly the same of as all iPhones 11 sales over first weekend. Est. first 24 hours iPh 12 orders double those of iph 11 w est. sales of 1.7-2m vs 500,000-800,000 for the 11. That smell in the air? Is money!
    Bullish
  • B
    BK
    Buy the nasdaq 100 futures here because there is a 90 % chance it goes barely green and only a 10 percent chance we get limit down.
    Bullish
  • Z
    Zenilson
    BYE BYE TRUMP
  • S
    Staaf
    I started following "lionstock-aletrs” (Gooogle it - off course without any space or dash in between the words) and their notifications are better than anyone else.
  • B
    Brett
    CEO needs to go.... Get a CEO that understands customer service.
  • j
    jack
    Bought in for speculation
    Bullish
  • S
    St
    MY GOD, ALL GOOD TECH COMPANIES ARE GETTING DESTROYED. MSFT 3% DOWN. UNBELEIEVABLE
  • k
    kukil
    Advance Auto Parts, Inc. AAP reported adjusted earnings of $2.10 per share in third-quarter 2019 (ended Oct 5, 2019), up 11.1% from the prior-year quarter’s level. The figure surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2.07. Adjusted operating income increased 5.9% year over year to $205.1 million.
    Advance Auto Parts generated net revenues of $2,312 million, which surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2,298 million. Revenues improved 1.6% from the year-ago quarter’s tally. During the quarter under review, comparable store sales increased 1.2% year over year.
  • g
    gary
    $100 stock tops. Grossly overpriced at 145. Nobody is buying antifreeze and wiper blades in this mild winter and all items are 10% cheaper at Walmart anyway. Check their prices.
    Bearish
  • m
    me
    AAPL is still making plenty of money but;
    Rev's are down
    Margin's are down
    Expenses are up
    Income is down
    They also bought back shares to help, without new products this will continue.
    https://www.apple.com/newsroom/pdfs/Q1_FY19_Consolidated_Financial_Statements.pdf
  • r
    raymondw
    I sold my Apple shares on Feb 21 @ 139.79. Lucky me. Wish everyone is okay. "We can get through this" and "this thing shall pass". However, "it will get worse before it will get better".
  • j
    joshl
    Is this stock ever gonna fully recover?
  • F
    Frank
    The saga continues with Advance. Every CEO has a turnaround vision for the Company and each of the last four have failed. The competitors are continuing to leave Advance in their wake and the excuses from Company executives just keep coming with each earnings call. The store teams are frustrated due to the continuous lack of proper inventory availability and lack of direction. O’Reilly continues to take Advance business and quite frankly it’s a better shopping experience when you can get needed parts quickly. I’m not sure I would invest in Advance. The company always seems shaky and appears better at managing the decline than selling auto parts and being profitable. May be time to stop hiring buddies and get some professionals at the top before Advance is the next Sears.
  • K
    Kim
    So, cutting taxes wasn't a fix.
  • B
    Bubs
    This is exactly why you dump a stock after a 10% rise after good earnings!
  • D
    Derek
    Sorry guys this is not the Apple forum! This is AAP....try again
  • D
    Dennis
    I like the store and people but see their website as the main concern for an investor. It is not a quality functioning website and crashes all the time. So much so they offer 20% off the next purchase. If this company plans on staying close to where they are now, get a new group of IT people. I know two people who are young and will not buy here due to this problem.