U.S. Markets open in 8 hrs 56 mins

AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO)

NasdaqCM - NasdaqCM Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
3.03-0.06 (-1.94%)
At close: 4:00PM EDT
People also watch
ACRXPBMDAEZSANTHCLSN
  • S
    Steven
    Steven
    AH: 110,000 purchase @ 3.03 (16:07:42 - 16:13:43) - this was a single order, which was filled by the MM (NDD). The majority of what we've been seeing regarding the trading pattern the past couple of days was generated by Financial Institutions. If you carefully watched the share sizes ticking by, and coincide those with the respective MM, you could see that in many cases a single MM was filling very large orders - both on the bid & ask side of the trade. Take a look at the closing price since August 7th, and you'll quickly see not only a pattern, but, you'll also see how the PPS has been carefully controlled - there's NO question that Institutions have been buying large amount of shares through the Dark Pool (for Institutions to buy/sell block trades, without the trades registering on any exchange, before the trade is executed) which explains why the PPS has traded in a very tight range - it appears that more than one entity has been working hard to keep the lid on the PPS. There's also NO question that hedge-type funds have also been at work shorting, hence the increase in the short interest - that said, we already know that the short interest has come down by 900,000, and I believe more covering took place since the 14th.

    Bottom line: historically, we've seen what the impact of an EC approval and/or an FDA approval has on a share price, and in many instances, we've seen a stock price double, and even triple. Should AVEO receive approval from the EC to market Tivozanib, I would venture to say that there's a high probability that they will be a buyout target - as in all negotiations, the most critical issue is price! As I mentioned, I do believe that the PPS has been controlled, and I also believe that the PPS could very well double, or trend even higher from where it was priced at the time of a potential EC approval announcement - AVEO's PPS during this potential period will have an enormous impact on negotiations. We all know that should AVEO be purchased, it most likely will be one of the large pharmas they're currently partnered with - that said: would it be in the best interest of one of these large pharmas to possibly control as much as possible the PPS before an EC approval announcement? Something to think about. GLTA LONGS!
  • M
    MJ
    MJ
    $3.09 is not "baked-in" with EU approval. Tens of millions of shares bought by institutions recently to what, have it tank 10%, 15%, 25%. No way. This board's IQ is getting worse by the day and stupid questions should not get answers. Let the rugrats do their own research.
  • R
    Rick
    Rick

    Hi Fellow AVEO's, any thoughts on this?

    AVEO Pharmaceuticals Files 8K - Changes Exec Mgmt >AVEO
    4:47 pm ET August 17, 2017 (Dow Jones) Print

    AVEO Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AVEO) filed a Form 8K - Changes in Company Executive Management - with the U.S Securities and Exchange Commission on August 15, 2017.

    (e) On June 19, 2014 (the "Grant Date"), the Board of Directors (the "Board") of AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the "Company") granted performance-based equity awards (the "2014 Performance Options") under the Company's amended and restated 2010 Stock Incentive Plan to the Company's executive and non-executive employees to retain and incentivize them to increase the value of the Company for its shareholders. The 2014 Performance Options were previously reported on a Current Report on Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 23, 2014. One executive officer, Michael Bailey, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, and four non-executive employees have currently outstanding 2014 Performance Options. Upon vesting, the outstanding 2014 Performance Options would be exercisable for a total of approximately 200,000 shares of the Company's common stock, inclusive of 167,500 shares for Mr. Bailey. 33% of the 2014 Performance Options were cancelled in 2016 as they were subject to a performance milestone that was not achieved.

    On August 15, 2017, the Board, at the recommendation of the Compensation Committee, which is comprised of the Board's three independent directors, approved an amendment to the 2014 Performance Options to convert the previous performance targets, which were based on the price of the Company's common stock, to targets based on an equivalent level of growth in the Company's market capitalization. The amendment was enacted in order to better balance the goal of growth in share price with the goals of sound financial management and long-term success of the Company. The exercise price of the 2014 Performance Options, which is $1.57 per share, was not amended in order to maintain alignment with shareholder interests.

    As amended, the vesting schedule for the outstanding 2014 Performance Options is as follows:

    Approximately 49% of the shares will vest on the date on which the Compensation Committee determines that the Company's market capitalization reaches and remains at approximately three times (3x) the Company's market capitalization at the Grant Date for 30 consecutive trading days during the period beginning August 15, 2017 and ending December 31, 2017 (the "Second Milestone Event"); and

    Approximately 51% of the shares will vest on the date on which the Compensation Committee determines that the Company's market capitalization reaches and remains at approximately four times (4x) the Company's market capitalization at the Grant Date for 30 consecutive trading days during the period beginning August 15, 2017 and ending December 31, 2018 (the "Third Milestone Event").

    In addition to the achievement of the Milestone Events, the optionees must be employed by the Company through the announcement of topline data in the Company's TIVO-3 trial or the date on which a Milestone Event occurs, whichever is later, for the related portion of their 2014 Performance Options to vest.

    The full text of this SEC filing can be retrieved at: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1325879/000119312517261091/d445367d8k.htm

    Any exhibits and associated documents for this SEC filing can be retrieved at: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1325879/000119312517261091/0001193125-17-261091-index.htm

    Public companies must file a Form 8-K, or current report, with the SEC generally within four days of any event that could materially affect a company's financial position or the value of its shares.

    (END) Dow Jones Newswires

    August 17, 2017 16:47 ET (20:47 GMT)

    Copyright (c) 2017 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

    Form 8-K
    www.sec.gov
  • R
    Raymond
    Raymond
    I'm guessing the approval will come out either tomorrow or next Friday. Just doubled up good luck to all. Even those that were dumb enough to short this stock before the approval announcement
  • S
    Sammyboy84
    Sammyboy84
    Anyone heard or tried the warrior trading program?
  • R
    Richardf
    Richardf
    In a million years, all your worries and hopes will mean nothing. Live in the moment between time and merge with the universal mind.
  • C
    Connor
    Connor
    If you need motivation to stay long... just think in a week or two we're all gonna wake up one morning with this stock potentially doubled. Fast forward 6-10 months from now when we'll likely see FDA approval.. double or triple the stock again. And to think during all that waiting we could see a buyout that will absolutely blow 3.10 out of the water. Stay long folks!
  • S
    Sammyboy84
    Sammyboy84
    Ok, I'm gonna ask a serious question... don't be a #$%$ with your response... if the company reported a loss in 2nd, then wouldn't the only thing that's raising the stock price speculation that it will get EU approval? If that's the case and it achieves approval how much more can it go up if the speculative traders are already trading? I mean, we're at 500% increase already... I've made some money on this already and plan on still trading tomorrow... I'm just asking the question of whether there's a chance that this could drop after approval announcement?
  • M
    MJ
    MJ
    2 institution buys really stand out: both on Tues Aug 14th: RA Capital buys 8,435,584 shares and venBio Select buys 6,632,452 shares. Very impressive.
  • S
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Hey guys, I know it's been said a million times, but if you need some reassurance as to why it's dropping today, go take a look at the market indexes. They're all down today. Also, we're a couple days away from a high chance of getting EU approval for Tivo. It has CHMP recommendation which gives it a 90% chance of approval. So good luck to all. If you want to take a 10% chance of it going down, then go ahead and sell or short this bad boy, but if you like the chances of 90%, then take advantage of this down day and buy in for as much as you can!
  • M
    MJ
    MJ
    Traders want your shares lower. Investors think these dips is a gift on sale.
    Are you a weak trader? Or an investor?
  • M
    MJ
    MJ
    We are ready EU! Bring it. Do you see, if approval, $4.50/share when the news hits? 48.5% spike straight up?
    Jazz Pharma who owns EUSA wants Tivo badly I surmise.
  • C
    Chase
    Chase
    Poll: What's your favorite online broker? Who has the least expensive fees and best turn around time to settle funds to reinvest?
  • R
    RAIN
    RAIN
    Nenita & Max are the same person, Review all of their post over the last year. They both said they were born on July 21st. Look at all the same words they use like GO AVEO!!!, like Spot on, look at how they both structure sentences, and how they space their paragraphs, they always agree with each other. Many other similarities, Now we have to determine if Nenita is a MAN or if Max is a WOMAN. Where were they today? THEY will delete their Yahoo email names when they find out . So hurry and review all of their posts, it will take only 10 minutes
  • K
    Kurt
    Kurt

    For what it is worth, AVEO Insider Activity (SEC Form 4) show insiders are holding.

    Number of Insider Shares Traded
    3 MO . 12 MO.
    # of Shares Bought. 0. 60,420,000
    # of Shares Sold. 0. 0
    Total Shares Traded. 0. 60,420,000
    Net Activity 0. 60,420,000

    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/aveo/insider-trades

    AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO) Insider Trading Activity (SEC Form 4)
    Insider trades (SEC Form 4) for AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO). Displays all buying and selling activity for company insiders.
    www.nasdaq.com
  • S
    Speed
    Speed
    Interesting. 110K shares traded in AH so far.
  • J
    JP
    JP
    Given the high probability of EC marketing authorization, possible the decision is like 99% baked into the current price?
  • C
    Connor
    Connor
    RichardF is over here dropping acid and trading some stocks, my kinda guy lmao
  • M
    Maddox
    Maddox
    Am I seeing this correctly? Up 16 cents after hours?
  • M
    MJ
    MJ
    Remember the line in the movie Glen Gary Glenross "It takes brass balls to sell real estate" -- Same applies to buying on the dips