|Bid||5.50 x 1000|
|Ask||6.50 x 38800|
|Day's Range||5.90 - 6.04|
|52 Week Range||5.81 - 9.54|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||0.54|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||9.92|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||0.47 (7.70%)|
|1y Target Est||7.58|
Spanish bank shares fell sharply on Thursday after the Supreme Court ruled banks must pay stamp duty on mortgage loans, potentially costing them billions of euros in compensation and raising pressure on their lending business. "The Supreme Court states that the person who must pay the stamp duty in the public deeds of loans with mortgage guarantees is the lender, not the one who receives the loan," the court said in a document. The Supreme court ruling, which overturned a previous ruling from earlier this year, is now final and could leave banks potentially exposed to additional legal provisions, analysts said.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Business Resource Group supports bank's Workplace Diversity and Inclusion initiatives - Impact felt across organization: Group leads to more engaged and empowered team members ...
One of Birmingham’s largest banks is launching a new business resource group focused on career advancement for women. BBVA Compass on Wednesday launched the Birmingham chapter of Women in Leadership, which supports the bank’s Workplace Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. “Business resource groups are valuable to companies, with studies showing that they lead to an increase in acquisition, promotion and retention in institutions that have used them,” said Chief Talent and Culture Executive Rosilyn Houston.
Javelin Strategy & Research has ranked BBVA Compass a leader in ease of use and customer service on their mobile app.
HOUSTON, Oct. 10, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The BBVA Compass Mobile Banking App was named a leader in both the ease of use and the customer service categories in Javelin Strategy & Research's 2018 Mobile Banking Scorecard, marking the fifth consecutive year the app has been recognized as a leader in mobile banking by the independent research firm.
- Game: Houston Rockets faced off against the Memphis Grizzlies in Birmingham's first professional basketball game in 12 years. - Initiative: Exhibition match brought to area by BBVA Compass as part of its commitment to create opportunities. The high-profile sports experience, made possible through BBVA Compass' relationship with the Houston Rockets, was the first pro-basketball game played in Birmingham in 12 years.
Important news for shareholders and potential investors in Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA (BME:BBVA): The dividend payment of €0.081 per share will be distributed to shareholders on 10 October 2018, Read More...
- Ribbon Cutting: Featured many prominent figures in the Birmingham area, including city leaders, bank representatives, former basketball players, and current Houston Rockets players. - Preview: BBVA Compass Iron City Showdown takes place tomorrow, pitting the Houston Rockets against the Memphis Grizzlies at the BJCC. BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass hosted a star-studded ribbon cutting at public basketball courts near Legion Field today, featuring city leaders, bank representatives, former professional basketball players, and current Houston Rockets players.
MADRID—Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA will replace longtime executive chairman Francisco González at the end of the year, a planned succession heralding the end of the career of one of Spain’s highest-profile bankers. Carlos Torres, second in command at the bank, is expected to replace Mr. González as executive chairman at BBVA by Dec. 31, the bank said in a statement Wednesday. Mr. González has led BBVA since 2000, overseeing its expansion from a regional Spanish bank to the owner of Mexico’s largest lender, Bancomer, and a majority owner of Turkey’s Turkiye Garanti Bankasi AS, as well as other banks around the world including Compass in the U.S.
With a €37.12b market capitalisation, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria SA (BME:BBVA) falls in the large, commercial bank category. A common risk large financial institutions face is credit risk, measured byRead More...
- BBVA Compass received its second award for its wellness program from the American Heart Association. BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Sept. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Heart Association recently announced the results of its 2018 Workplace Health Achievement Index, a comprehensive annual survey that uses science-based and evidence-informed methods to evaluate the overall effectiveness of workplace health programs across the nation. The AHAs Workplace Health Achievement Index recognizes organizations bases on their total Index Score.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Sept. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial services industry trade publication American Banker has named BBVA Compass Chief Talent and Culture Executive Rosilyn Houston to its Women to Watch list for the third consecutive year. The honor, announced today, is part of the publication's Most Powerful Women in Banking annual feature.
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has been requested to assess the impact on the ratings of the Notes issued by BBVA RMBS 1, FTA, following the replacement of Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch (A3/P-2, A3(cr)/P-2(cr)) by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. (A3/P-2, A3(cr)/P-2(cr)) as the interest rate swap counterparty. Moody's opinion addresses only the credit impact associated with the proposed amendments, and Moody's is not expressing any opinion to whether the amendments have, or could have, other non-credit related effects that may have a detrimental impact on the interests of bondholder and/or counterparties.
- Roca: Head chef of world's no. 2 restaurant brought his restaurant's experience to the U.S. as part of his partnership with BBVA. - International Culinary Center: Roca held a cooking demonstration for 80 culinary students and alumni, showcasing his cooking techniques and artful plating. - Scholarship: Culinary student Jeffrey Kim of the International Culinary Center was chosen by Roca and his staff to train at the Girona, Spain-based restaurant in the near future.
HOUSTON, Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass this week launched its Center for Financial Education Community Workshops Initiative, with the goal of giving 20,000 low- to moderate-income individuals, families and small business owners the knowledge they need to take better control of their financial lives. The BBVA Compass Foundation, the bank's charitable-giving arm, has selected 28 nonprofits in 19 markets across its footprint to participate in this financial education pilot program designed to build a comprehensive network of financial education offerings. Selected organizations received grants to host financial education workshops during the five-month pilot period.
Over the past few years, Spanish banking giant BBVA has led the charge in the financial services industry in its embrace of cutting-edge technology. In April, BBVA completed the first international corporate loan transaction using the blockchain. The deal was historic for its complete use of blockchain technology.
When it comes to dividend stocks, none are as generally well-regarded as “dividend aristocrats.” A true dividend aristocrat” is more than just another name among other high-yield stocks. As the price of a dividend stock falls, its yield will appear to rise. The falling stock price means the yield looks high again, but it may not be secure.
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") today downgraded the long-term and short-term deposit ratings of GarantiBank International N.V. (GBI) to Baa3 and Prime-3, from Baa1 and Prime-2, respectively. The rating agency also downgraded the bank's Baseline Credit Assessment (BCA) and Adjusted BCA to ba1 and baa3, from baa3 and baa2, respectively. Moody's downgraded GBI's long-term and short-term Counterparty Risk Rating (CRR) to Baa2 and Prime-2, from A2 and Prime-1.
AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Waller Creek Conservancy announced BBVA Compass as its lead corporate partner in the Waller Creek Park Community Program today. The ambitious Waller Creek Park project, which stretches from Lady Bird Lake to 15th Street, includes 35 acres of new and redeveloped parkland, more than three miles of pedestrian and bicycle trails, and the ecological restoration of lower Waller Creek.
Moody's de México, S.A. de C.V. (Moody's) has today assigned Aaa.mx and A3 Mexican national and global scale long-term senior unsecured debt ratings to BBVA Bancomer, S.A. 's (Bancomer) proposed issuances of certificados bursátiles bancarios (cebures) BACOMER 18V, for up to MXN3.5 billion with a maturity of three years, and BACOMER 18, for up to MXN3.5 billion with a maturity of five years. The outlooks on the global scale ratings are stable.
HOUSTON, Sept. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass has launched a series of new commercials in the Birmingham market highlighting the newest functionalities features of the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking App.
The content of this article will benefit those of you who are starting to educate yourself about investing in the stock market and want to start learning about core conceptsRead More...
HOUSTON, Aug. 29, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass announced today the appointment of David Bolocan as its Executive Director of Consumer Segments and Deposits, where he has overall responsibility for setting the strategic direction of consumer deposit products and the retail and mass market segments. Bolocan will report to BBVA Compass Head of Retail Banking Çâğrı Süzer, and will directly oversee customer growth, balance growth, pricing and product design for the bank's largest customer area.