BLT.L - BHP Billiton plc

LSE - LSE Delayed Price. Currency in GBp
1,562.00
-15.40 (-0.98%)
At close: 4:36PM GMT
Stock chart is not supported by your current browser
Previous Close1,577.40
Open1,585.00
Bid1,442.00 x 126000
Ask1,500.00 x 50000
Day's Range1,558.20 - 1,588.20
52 Week Range1,103.00 - 1,662.40
Volume4,730,619
Avg. Volume8,369,832
Market Cap83.155B
BetaN/A
PE Ratio (TTM)14.15
EPS (TTM)110.40
Earnings DateFeb 20, 2018
Forward Dividend & Yield0.74 (4.11%)
Ex-Dividend Date2017-09-07
1y Target Est21.60
  • Reuters5 hours ago

    Colombia coal output down slightly in 2017 to 89.4 million tonnes

    Colombia, the world's fifth-largest exporter of coal, produced 89.4 million tonnes in 2017, down 1.2 percent from output the year before, the Energy and Mining Ministry said in a statement on Monday. The ...

  • What to Watch in Commodities: Glencore, BHP, Oil, Food, Top Dogs
    Bloomberg19 hours ago

    What to Watch in Commodities: Glencore, BHP, Oil, Food, Top Dogs

    Welcome to the top table. The big guns are out in force this week as Glencore Plc, BHP Billiton Ltd. and Newmont Mining Corp. are among companies reporting. That’ll be an opportunity for Ivan Glasenberg ...

  • Best Materials Dividend Stock Picks
    Simply Wall St.yesterday

    Best Materials Dividend Stock Picks

    The oil price recovery and strong economic momentum have benefited the materials sector with companies involved in steel, chemicals and mining. Thus, there is ample opportunity to take advantage ofRead More...

  • What You Must Know About BHP Billiton Limited’s (ASX:BHP) Financial Strength
    Simply Wall St.3 days ago

    What You Must Know About BHP Billiton Limited’s (ASX:BHP) Financial Strength

    There are a number of reasons that attract investors towards large-cap companies such as BHP Billiton Limited (ASX:BHP), with a market cap of AU$167.80B. Market participants who are conscious ofRead More...

  • Reuters3 days ago

    Mining sector unloved as investors find it hard to trust

    Investors are shunning the mining sector, data from Thomson Reuters shows, as they struggle to forget the string of multi-billion dollar takeovers and expensive development projects that left them empty handed. The mining sector led the FTSE higher in 2016 as it rebounded from the previous year's deep price crash, but it is still well below levels seen in 2011.

  • As mining investors push caution, Glencore differs from rivals
    Reuters3 days ago

    As mining investors push caution, Glencore differs from rivals

    TORONTO/MELBOURNE (Reuters) - As shareholders push the world's cash-rich miners to maintain lush dividends and make the most of existing assets, Glencore is taking a slightly different tactic that positions it for shrewd acquisitions. Like other big rivals, Glencore is expected to lift its dividend payout when it reports results next week, but the Swiss miner and trader is also "open for business" when it comes to buying mines or companies, its chief financial officer said in December. "Glencore's deal-making is now very strategic.

  • BHP Billiton to drill two new deepwater wells in Trion this year
    Reuters4 days ago

    BHP Billiton to drill two new deepwater wells in Trion this year

    Drilling of a new appraisal well and a separate exploration well in BHP Billiton deepwater Trion project will begin later this year, part of a plan approved by Mexican regulators on Thursday that also revised downward the project's estimated oil and gas resources. Australian mining and oil giant BHP Billiton won the rights to operate Trion in late 2016, taking a 60 percent stake in the project valued at some $11 billion, while Mexico's state-owned oil company Pemex holds the remaining 40 percent. The project marked the first-ever deepwater joint venture partnership for Mexico's newly opened oil sector following a constitutional energy overhaul in 2013.

  • Reuters4 days ago

    BHP Billiton to drill two new deepwater wells in Trion this year

    Drilling of a new appraisal well and a separate exploration well in BHP Billiton deepwater Trion project will begin later this year, part of a plan approved by Mexican regulators on Thursday that also revised downward the project's estimated oil and gas resources. Australian mining and oil giant BHP Billiton won the rights to operate Trion in late 2016, taking a 60 percent stake in the project valued at some $11 billion, while Mexico's state-owned oil company Pemex holds the remaining 40 percent. The project marked the first-ever deepwater joint venture partnership for Mexico's newly opened oil sector following a constitutional energy overhaul in 2013.

  • Reuters4 days ago

    BHP Billiton to drill two new deepwater wells in Trion this year

    Drilling of a new appraisal well and a separate exploration well in BHP Billiton (BLT.L) (BHP.AX) deepwater Trion project will begin later this year, part of a plan approved by Mexican regulators on Thursday that also revised downward the project's estimated oil and gas resources. Australian mining and oil giant BHP Billiton won the rights to operate Trion in late 2016, taking a 60 percent stake in the project valued at some $11 billion, while Mexico's state-owned oil company Pemex [PEMX.UL] holds the remaining 40 percent. The project marked the first-ever deepwater joint venture partnership for Mexico's newly opened oil sector following a constitutional energy overhaul in 2013.

  • Reuters4 days ago

    BHP Billiton expects drilling of first new Trion well to begin in October

    Drilling of the first new exploration well in BHP Billiton's deepwater Trion project will begin in October, part of a plan approved by Mexican regulators on Thursday that also revised downward the project's estimated oil and gas resources. Australian mining and oil giant BHP Billiton won the rights to operate Trion in late 2016, taking a 60 percent stake in the project valued at some $11 billion, while Mexico's state-owned oil company Pemex holds the remaining 40 percent. The project marked the first-ever deepwater joint venture partnership for Mexico's newly opened oil sector following a constitutional energy overhaul in 2013.

  • Reuters5 days ago

    Australia's Woodside to raise $2 bln, look to offshore gas project for growth

    Woodside Petroleum, Australia's biggest independent gas and oil producer, launched a surprise A$2.5 billion ($1.96 billion) share sale on Wednesday to raise funds to take control of and develop a long-stranded gas field off the country's west coast. Woodside said on Wednesday it had agreed to pay $744 million for ExxonMobil Corp's 50-percent stake in the Scarborough field, a project that has been stuck on the drawing board for nearly 40 years due to factors including its remote, deepwater location.

  • MarketWatch6 days ago

    FTSE 100 ends with a loss, with investors on edge

    U.K. stocks ended slightly lower Tuesday as investors remained on watch for signs of another sharp selloff, and as U.S. stock markets stumbled.

  • Reuters6 days ago

    Australia's BHP flags $1.8 billion charge from U.S. tax reform

    BHP Billiton said on Tuesday it will record a $1.8 billion income tax expense due to cuts in the U.S. Federal corporate income tax rate. The expense, which will be treated as an exceptional item, consists mainly of a non-cash charge on deferred taxes of $898 million and another charge on foreign tax credits of $834 million. In its second-quarter production report last month, BHP had hinted at a probable charge arising from the lowering of U.S. corporate taxes.

  • Australia's BHP flags $1.8 billion charge from U.S. tax reform
    Reuters6 days ago

    Australia's BHP flags $1.8 billion charge from U.S. tax reform

    The expense, which will be treated as an exceptional item, consists mainly of a non-cash charge on deferred taxes of $898 million and another charge on foreign tax credits of $834 million. In its second-quarter production report last month, BHP had hinted at a probable charge arising from the lowering of U.S. corporate taxes.

  • The Wall Street Journal6 days ago

    [$$] BHP Flags Tax Hit After Change in U.S. Corporate Rate

    BHP Billiton said it expects to recognize a $1.8 billion income-tax expense to reflect the reduction in the U.S. federal corporate-tax rate and other changes.

  • Reuters6 days ago

    S&P upgrades Rio Tinto, flags well-placed for M&A

    Standard & Poor's on Tuesday raised its credit rating on global miner Rio Tinto for the first time since 2011 on the back of strong financial results and said the global miner could easily fund a big acquisition. S&P said one of the main factors that led to the upgrade to 'A' from 'A-' was Rio Tinto's sharp reduction in debt over the past four years and its "willingness to keep it low", which would shore it up well against any future downturns. "Alternatively, it could allow the company to enter into sizable merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions without overstretching its balance sheet," S&P said.

  • Reuters7 days ago

    European shares bounce back after turbulent week

    By Danilo Masoni MILAN (Reuters) - European shares rebounded from six-month lows on Monday as jitters over a sudden spike in volatility that wiped off $1 trillion in market capitalisation last week appeared ...

  • Reuters11 days ago

    Risk of disappointment for copper bulls as wage deals sealed

    Copper bulls who are betting on labour strife this year due to a full calendar of contract talks may be disappointed if early wage deals at two copper mines are a signpost for further agreements with mine workers. Benchmark copper prices rallied 12 percent in December, partly due to fear of shortages if workers go on strike since many major operations in top producers Chile and Peru have contacts expiring this year, including at top mine Escondida. Chile's state-owned Codelco said late last month it had struck a contract deal with workers at its Andina copper mine, while workers at the Lomas Bayas mine accepted a contract offer from operator Glencore Plc (GLEN.L) early in January.

  • 2 Top Iron Stocks to Consider Buying Now
    Motley Fool12 days ago

    2 Top Iron Stocks to Consider Buying Now

    There's no shortage of ways to invest in iron in the market, but it's probably best to stick with the biggest players.

  • Reuters13 days ago

    South32 prepares to spin off South African coal assets within six months

    South32's (S32.AX) South African coal assets will be spun off within six months, its president and chief operating officer Mike Fraser said. Fraser said that South32, which was spun out from BHP Billiton (BLT.L) in 2015, had received a number of offers for the assets which it up for sale in November last year as part of a shift away from coal. Fraser declined to name the bidders for South 32's coal assets but South African power utility, the main customer for the coal, requires any new contracts to be signed with suppliers that have more than a 50 percent black shareholding.

  • Reuters14 days ago

    Activist Elliott steps up calls for BHP to scrap dual listing

    Activist investor Elliott Advisors on Monday stepped up calls for the world's biggest mining company BHP (BLT.L)(BHP.AX) to scrap its dual listing, demanding the company agree to review the matter by the time it posts results on Feb. 20. Elliott has previously urged BHP to change its structure, with listings in both Britain and Australia, but the company has resisted. BHP declined to comment on Elliott's latest letter to its board, in which the activist investor said that removal of the dual-listing structure would deliver more than $22 billion of shareholder value, citing its own independent report.

  • Is BHP Billiton plc’s (LON:BLT) PE Ratio A Signal To Sell For Investors?
    Simply Wall St.14 days ago

    Is BHP Billiton plc’s (LON:BLT) PE Ratio A Signal To Sell For Investors?

    BHP Billiton plc (LSE:BLT) is trading with a trailing P/E of 19.6x, which is higher than the industry average of 14x. Although some investors may jump to the conclusion thatRead More...

  • BHP Urged to Review Its Dual HQ Structure
    Bloomberg14 days ago

    BHP Urged to Review Its Dual HQ Structure

    Activist investor Elliott Management Corp. has called on BHP Billiton Ltd. to immediately review its dual structure after commissioning research that argues reorganizing as a single company in Australia ...

  • Bloomberg17 days ago

    Rebel Union Push Snarls Relations at World's Biggest Copper Mine

    Labor tensions at the world’s biggest copper mine are no longer restricted to relations between union and management.

  • Rebel Union Push Snarls Relations at World's Biggest Copper Mine
    Bloomberg17 days ago

    Rebel Union Push Snarls Relations at World's Biggest Copper Mine

    Labor tensions at the world’s biggest copper mine are no longer restricted to relations between union and management.