U.S. Markets closed

Cabela's Incorporated (CAB)

New York Stock Exchange Consolidated Issue - New York Stock Exchange Consolidated Issue Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
53.38+0.63 (+1.19%)
At close: 4:02PM EDT

53.38 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 4:45PM EDT

People also watch
DKSRGRHIBBBGFVSWHC
  • k
    kingsting
    kingsting
    By the amount of posts here looks like the big Bass will swim away.
  • A
    AndrewJ5267
    AndrewJ5267
    Hmmm, now what could have shot up the share price $3 in a matter of minutes? ;)
  • B
    Brub
    Brub
    This looks like the sale is in jeopardy
  • K
    KJ
    KJ
    I'm betting Bass sales are collapsing too. the USA is getting fatter by the day and fat people turn into poachers and RV and Trailer people who sit at campgrounds drink beer and eat sausage praising tRump. like Harley Davidson buyers these fat people are dying young with colon cancer. Isn't it funny how they all claim to be Christians?
  • B
    Brub
    Brub
    Now what?
  • R
    Ross
    Ross
    Might be interesting to see if there is a bounce in gun stocks
  • d
    dang
    dang
    This is really acting poorly for a stock that is supposed to trade near $61.50
  • T
    TF
    TF
    i believe approval by end of August
  • c
    club expert
    club expert
    I agree as NY POST is all FAKE NEWS so not sure what to think .. I got taken on the NY POST for RAD ..
  • A
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    This is the Rite Aid deal all over again. Complete with NY post stories from the exact same author. He wrote in article back in January on that deal citing inside sources claiming the deal was set to close that week. It never did.
  • 1
    1NomadicAngler
    1NomadicAngler

    A good analysis of the bank merger approval process.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4094841-fishing-investing-patience-cabelas-will-close?auth_param=plmg:1co8rno:c54b0b276bc087d275fdb59bff30a3a8&uprof=45&utoken=ea7568ba2c5c9ce26b1d5450207c4cb6#alt1

    Fishing And Investing Is About Patience: Cabela's Will Close
    Ignore the noise, Synovus has plenty of time to get regulatory approval to close on World's Foremost Bank A clean review should help keep the Federal Reserve qu
    seekingalpha.com
  • M
    Me
    Me

    Here is your reason for the drop in the last 30 minutes or so...

    http://nypost.com/2017/08/03/disappointing-cabelas-results-add-risk-to-merger-with-bass-pro/

  • A
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    The market seems to be pricing in the possibility of a revised (read lower) buyout price post earnings. This stock has been trading down on above average volume with arbs on the sidelines keeping their powder dry.
  • d
    dang
    dang

    October 3rd day "in jeopardy" ??

    https://event-driven.com/cabelasbass-prosynovus-bank-sale-application-moved-atlanta-fed-board-governors-capital-one-portion-might-entail-occ-review/

    Cabelas/Bass Pro/Synovus Bank Sale Application Moved from Atlanta Fed to Board of Governors, Capital One Portion Might Entail OCC Review - Event Driven
    Event Driven has learned that the Synovus’ application has been moved from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta to the Federal Reserve Board of… Read more
    event-driven.com
  • J
    Jim
    Jim
    So I'm officially done trying to pick stocks!!! Bought 35k of CAB at $59.89 thinking pretty safe bet to make a measly $900. WRONG!!!! I lost again, $2K!! Good news for all of you is that I sold at $56.45 so that will be the bottom as it usually is when I sell. I've had enough!!!!! It's no different then gambling!!!! Actually for me I'd have better likelihood of making $ by picking red or black!!!
  • j
    jared c
    jared c
    Swing and a miss I'll be buying back in today easy 💰
  • A
    AndrewJ5267
    AndrewJ5267
    Will wait and see the stock price reaction to the earnings.
    It truly is a non-issue, whatever the earnings is, because Bass Pro is mainly buying Cabellas for the already-built stores.
    Bass Pro has been in expansion mode for the last decade. The research time, costs, government permits, land acquisition, building costs, extra insurance, etc., can all be avoided with this opportunity to instantly expand into a huge region Bass Pro is not in yet.
    If the stock price tanks on disappointing earnings, I will be adding to my position in the biggest way I can.
  • P
    Paul
    Paul
    Assuming the deal is still on (no indication that it isn't), then if you were to pile back in now, you might recoup your 2K plus an extra 1K at the acquisition price. It does mean that you would have to hold until closed though.
  • A
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Is the sale of the credit card business to snv contingent upon snv being able to offload credit-card receivables to Capital One?
  • F
    Frank Carl John Wellenstein
    Frank Carl John Wellenstein
    No real news causing price decline... IR at both CAB and SNV confirm deal is on and progressing as planned.
    Best to ignore the noise, and be patient, good things come to those people...