Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
Skip to Related Content
to view your mail
Yahoo Finance Plus
U.S. markets open in 7 hours 36 minutes
Russell 2000 Futures
Ciena Corporation (CIEN)
NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
At close: 4:00PM EDT
1,129 reactions on $CIEN conversation
Sign in to post a message.
I feel that this is a great buy on the recent pullback.
Tim, good to see you're still alive. If you weren't, we would both be dead. Please tell me more about Jedd being back into ENDP. You can do it here on the CIEN board or on the GME board. At first I was afraid to revisit those boards, due to my shorting GME at $4 and CIEN at $34, but I am now fully devoid of shame.
Repeated failures like shorting RIOT at $5 have toughened me up! The important thing is to get revenge on Jedd for taking my money and schooling me. I am ready to lie and say anything. Are you with me?
Dan In MD
Up on good volume and close at hod the day before er. I think this bodes well.
cien raise from 60 to 71 by MKM Partner per marketwatch
We should be seeing more action with the infrastructure bill including broadband…. Optical switches are part of the required infrastructure.
Nice earnings, 5G wave will continue
I see this recommended by a couple of financial newsletters recently. So in doing my DD see it's been basically flat the past year. You long term holders think a breakout is coming?
Target Raised by B. Riley Neutral USD 50 » USD 53
Maintains Barclays Overweight USD 63 » USD 68
Target Raised by Citigroup Buy USD 65 » USD 70
Bought at $51.78 on 5/17. Geo. Gilder has CIEN in his portfolio now....as of 5/24, it is going the right direction.
I'm in for the long haul.
Trousers my god and lord,
WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?
WE HAVE PERFECT AFTER HOURS BUYING The DIP for TOP TECH Companies...CIEN...and AABB Up 1,500 %.
..................................... " newschain asia broadband " @^@)
Lol trousers mike d jedd time bought endo in March at $6.50 and today it’s crashing to $4.30! Lol, he owns pot stocks, he should probably start smoking their product to get over his failure!!!!!
Haven't posted in months but notice "Jedd'" still chasing "tim" and "Jedd" using five or six handles here.
Nothing ever changes.
Pretty good calls for this Friday @$57.
Wanted to watch the archived conf call but so far it appears to not be up yet. I guess it started around 8:30 eastern and probably ran an hour, so it's probably ended about 20-25 minutes ago. Hopefully it will be up within an hour or two.
Argus reiterates Buy, raises price target to $53. 3/5/2019:
* Strong beat and guide, raising target to $53.
* Ciena dipped 2% after initially rallying following a stronger than expected fiscal 1Q19 and a positive outlook for F2Q19. Investors were concerned about gross margins, although high hardware mix is a long term positive.
* Management reiterated its forecast for at leastr 20% non-GAAP EPS growth over the next three years, which is faster than the historical trend and the outlook for peers.
* Ciena appears to be taking market share in a profitable way and is not experiencing meaningful pricing erosion. The company continues to diversify its customer base and reduce reliance on traditional telco customers.
* The volatile CIEN shares have outperformed peers but continue to represent good value, given the accelerating EPS and cash flow growth outlook.
More gains to come imo.......
Piper Jaffray Upgrades CIEN to Overweight from Neutral, price target $50 up from $46.
Piper Jaffray analyst Troy Jensen upgraded Ciena to Overweight from Neutral with a price target of $50, up from 46. Ciena reported another strong quarter with October beating sales consensus estimates. North America continues to drive the upside with 5 consecutive quarters of over 20% year-over-year growth, the analyst points out. He continues to believe Ciena has a "strong first mover status" in 800G platform and views the company as one of the best ways to play the accelerating service provider spending to support 5G wireless networks.
Omg it might not hold $50!!!! Seriously trousers? Yet again ALL your stocks are failing today!!!
BofA analyst Tal Liani upgraded Ciena from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $65, up from $49. The analyst is citing the "longer term opportunity" beyond the "weak" first half particularly as spending by North American Tier 1 Service Providers bounce back in the second half of this year and into F2022 following a 15% decline in 2020. Liani further points to a "robust" global bandwidth demand, Ciena's share gain opportunities EMEA IP access networks, a "significant" internet build out in India, aggressive Huawei displacement, and 800G leadership.
Argus reiterates Buy, $66 price target. 12/10/20
* Business activity strong, but deployments lag.
* Ciena is experiencing a bifurcated business environment, in which customers are focused on edge networks while deferring investments on core and metro networks.
* In a challenging time, Ciena has focused on generating strong free cash flows, which are benefiting from rising margins with more software in the mix.
* The volatile CIEN shares trade at sharp discounts to peers and historical comparables. We believe they offer value, and look particularly compelling based on discounted free cash flow valuation.
Bitcoin Surges Amid Short Covering, Speculation Over Amazon Plan
Why the runway CEO is a 'symptom' of runaway inequality
Yahoo Finance Video
Crocs claims its 'distinctively quirky design' keeps being copied, sues 21 companies
Advertise with us
© 2021 Verizon Media. All rights reserved.
About Our Ads
Discover new investment ideas by accessing unbiased, in-depth investment research