41.19 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 5:07PM EDT
|Bid||41.01 x 1300|
|Ask||41.64 x 3200|
|Day's Range||41.07 - 41.73|
|52 Week Range||36.41 - 42.47|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||0.55|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||41.52|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||1.86 (4.60%)|
|1y Target Est||N/A|
FDA approves AbbVie's (ABBV) upadacitinib to be marketed as Rinvoq. Bayer (BAYRY) is set to divest its Animal Health unit to Elanco for $7.6 billion in a cash-and-stock deal.
GlaxoSmithKline said an experimental multiple myeloma treatment has shown a meaningful response in patients that have run out of three previous treatment options, in a boost for the British drugmaker's cancer drug business. Two doses of belantamab mafodotin helped subdue the disease in adults who had received three prior treatments for multiple myeloma, a cancer of the white blood cells, GSK said on Friday. GSK sold its approved oncology drugs to Novartis in 2014, but has staged a comeback in cancer treatment with a deal to buy U.S. firm Tesaro for $5.1 billion last year and an agreement in February to pay up to 3.7 billion euros ($4.09 billion) to Germany's Merck KGaA for the rights to a next-generation immunotherapy.
Glaxo (GSK) seeks approval for its anemia candidate, daprodustat, in Japan. Moreover, once every two months administration of cabotegravir and rilpivirine shows non-inferiority to once a month administration in HIV patients in a clinical study.
ViiV, in which Pfizer and Shionogi have small stakes, is working on two-drug combinations and will use the lower drug burden in comparison with three-drug cocktails such as Gilead's Biktarvy as its main selling point to patients and physicians. It is banking on longer-term studies to yield hard evidence of fewer side effects over time.
GlaxoSmithKline's experimental HIV injection is as effective when given every other month as monthly, according to a study, a convenience that could help the British drugmaker in its battle against a rival drug from Gilead Sciences. GSK's two-drug injection was as effective as a monthly dose of the same regimen in maintaining viral suppression at 48 weeks in a late-stage study, said ViiV Healthcare, GSK's HIV unit. ViiV, in which Pfizer and Shionogi have small stakes, is working on two-drug combinations and will use the lower drug burden in comparison with three-drug cocktails such as Gilead's Biktarvy as its main selling point to patients and physicians.
With the change of leadership for GSK's pharmaceutical business, the Triangle won't necessarily be losing its GSK leader.
Among the Philadelphia region’s largest 20 publicly traded companies, three in the chemical industry experienced the biggest dips in midday trading.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON:GSK) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 2 days. You can purchase shares before the 8th...
AbbVie (ABBV), Merck (MRK), Pfizer (PFE), Lilly (LLY) report Q2 results. Pfizer announces plan to merge off-patent unit, Upjohn with Mylan to form new company.
Under the terms of the agreement, GSK will own 68% of the consumer health joint venture and Pifzer will own the remaining 32%.
Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours. Scaling The Peaks (Biotech stocks hitting 52-week highs on Aug. 1) Grifols SA - ADR ADR Class B (NASDAQ: GRFS ) Odonate ...