Some feedback from a retail investor who knows IMAX shenanigans!! 1. Trade the stock if u must. If u r lucky and the stock advances , sell and book profit. If u don't insiders will sell asd start a new slide. Greg Foster was granted ~300K stock options at $22. If the stock price is above $22, he can sell anytime. It has occurred many times in the past.
2. Do not trust analyst upgrades of IMAX. They are a part of the problem.
3. IMAX as a growth stock is done for many reasons and hype foes not work either. insiders knew it. See their transactions.
4. China Network expansion PR is irrelevant in particular and general Network expansion as well . There are no additional dollars from the expansion. Reasons can be many/any but the fact is there is no bottomline growth.
5. IMAX brand & Differentiation is a myth. It is true that Strong association of directors like Chris Nolan with IMAX works big way sometimes but that is rare and again..not many dollars gained.
6. Management will speak volumes about how cheap the stock is at every price point(started at high 30s) but they will never step up and buy with their personal cash like Mark Z did when FB tanked.
7. Graphics and action laden movies which are bread and butter for IMAX have been losing their appeal.
8. 3D gimmick failed by IMAX's own admission. There goes the additional content and opportunity to mark up ticket prices.
9. Finally , Studios are looking at alternative revenue models as you may have already seen in some articles.
10. Now you know why the insiders and China investors dumped like they did and never try to purchase stock for themselves. Stock options are safe..If hype works , book profits else let the options die.
$15.00 coming soon to a theater near you. Just like I've been saying. And don't give me some excuse about how the market is weak cause its within a couple of points of its ALL TIME HIGH.
Is the stock price low enough for the insiders to buy with their personal money considering they sold loads of stock at $30+ ?? Nope..it would be a bad business practice to buy the snake oil sold to others!!
Race between IMAX stock price and Ticket price to the bottom...Stock price might win the race!!
only 19 more dollars to drop
IMAX is probably going to get bought, this is a great BUY now. Here's why, IMAX has a small float of only 55.2M shares and a short interest of 13% this stock is going up and IMAX is certainly a takeover target by Disney or Netflix or any of the cable companies. This stock has way more upside than down. IMAX is a great buy now at this level. Just look at the stock options they expect a "pop". IMAX a great buy now.
Short squeeze to $22.00 and up.
When thieves lead the wagon train, the passengers are bound to be robbed...just saying!!!
My IMAX investment thesis is......sorry , there is none. This stock is a goner!!
IMAX has to be around $12-$15, it's business is dead. Abandon ship.
Boy, So glad i sold this POS...more dirt and then some more..How conveniently the Chinese investors and the illustrious insiders rid themselves of their stock..no wonder...There should be a full scale investigation into this chicanery!!
IMAX beat consensus by .10>>>stay tuned for lift-off
This is about Dolby Digital: WHY YOU MIGHT WANT IT “It actually, to me, is the best-looking digital there is out there right now,” said Chapin Cutler, a founder of Boston Light & Sound, the company overseeing the 70-millimeter presentations of “Dunkirk.”
Dolby, 70 Millimeter or Imax? Our Critic Helps You Choose
With so many options (some not even advertised), this guide will help you pick the one that’s right for the film you want to see.
First earnings I wont be part of in the last several years. GL longs
[!] Option spread traders take a look at CreditSpreads.io, free live table of mathematically profitable option credit spreads for the coming month, sometimes including spreads for IMAX! High-probability option credit spreads present an effective way to invest with specified risk and the max profit received up front. CreditSpreads.io targets solely the credit spreads which satisfy its stringent standards for probability and profit, and ensures continued profitability by telling you of any approaching situations which could affect the trade. www.creditspreads.io
Sustainable, high probability, defined risk stock option trading opportunities.
cramer thinks 17 or 18 before a rebound. id respect anaylsis more if they were negative before a huge crash.
Gelfond was on CNBC today he must have a plan sale for tomorrow