How Is IMAX still in business. There's 3d already, and who pays $5 more for a ticket for stupid IMAX, it's more annoying than desirable.
Finally a big move up on high volume! After getting punished for an outgoing tide hurting all in the Cinema exhibition space from a disappointing summer IMAX seemed to find a bottom at 18. An embarrassing slate of movies Hollywood produced for this summer shows, yet again, it is all about content." If you build it they will come" still holds true. The market seems to be reacting to a surprise hit in IT and some well anticipated titles coming up. IMAX's ability to DMR and distribute IT after Inhumans crashed and burned with automated DMR and their increasing ability to send content without the old digital hard drives that replaced film was on display. Increasing competition in the space IMAX created from Dolbyvision, In-House PLF's among others along with the spector of same day Premium on Demand for new titles are definite headwinds. Wished I could have traded out at 38 and back in at 18 but I am not a trader. Those here that feel I have unrealistic optimism could be right. I am still betting they are not.
I am so wrong about Greg Foster. Thought he would wait until the stock price is above $20 before he sells. Nope!! Sold off 9500 shares at $19.55. Always capable of sinking to new lows. Trust these guys at your own peril. Trade , do not hold. They will always beat you to the door!!
havent seen a CEO for a while till this week. dont wonder why, the movie IT came out first big release since Dunkirk
To those constantly trashing IMAX I hope for your sake you were short. Still holding and wishing I could have traded out at 30+ to get back in recently but I don't trade. My thesis is intact but I am rattled the the street's recent reaction to a lousy movie slate. Great movies are hard and the industry takes the easy way out which, in modern times, can't compete with great content everywhere. IMAX certainly now has competition to the Premium Large Screen Format they had to themselves for quite some time. Not sure of IMAX share price action going forward but i believe anyone buying now will be very happy by the time 4th 1/4 earnings are announced.
X axis : Stocks Price Correlation Coefficient Y axis : Quantity of stocks May-2016 1,000 Day Parameter 4,338 NYSE Stocks Price Analysis This stock mode of correlation coefficient is 0.8 In other words, the correlation coefficient of the other stocks
Listen to @American and his Top 10 list. No one can give you better advice than a fool who realizes he has been played. Now of course, IMAX hasn't been a growth stock for 10 years and China was always hype and anyone who makes their investments based upon sell side analysts shouldnt be investing in he first place. Maybe American should have added a #11 about Cramer while he was at it. A fool and their money are soon parted. As @American. Oh, and in honor or eKave, maybe add #12 about how aspect ratios don't mean diddly.
Some feedback from a retail investor who knows IMAX shenanigans!! 1. Trade the stock if u must. If u r lucky and the stock advances , sell and book profit. If u don't insiders will sell asd start a new slide. Greg Foster was granted ~300K stock options at $22. If the stock price is above $22, he can sell anytime. It has occurred many times in the past.
2. Do not trust analyst upgrades of IMAX. They are a part of the problem.
3. IMAX as a growth stock is done for many reasons and hype foes not work either. insiders knew it. See their transactions.
4. China Network expansion PR is irrelevant in particular and general Network expansion as well . There are no additional dollars from the expansion. Reasons can be many/any but the fact is there is no bottomline growth.
5. IMAX brand & Differentiation is a myth. It is true that Strong association of directors like Chris Nolan with IMAX works big way sometimes but that is rare and again..not many dollars gained.
6. Management will speak volumes about how cheap the stock is at every price point(started at high 30s) but they will never step up and buy with their personal cash like Mark Z did when FB tanked.
7. Graphics and action laden movies which are bread and butter for IMAX have been losing their appeal.
8. 3D gimmick failed by IMAX's own admission. There goes the additional content and opportunity to mark up ticket prices.
9. Finally , Studios are looking at alternative revenue models as you may have already seen in some articles.
10. Now you know why the insiders and China investors dumped like they did and never try to purchase stock for themselves. Stock options are safe..If hype works , book profits else let the options die.
$15.00 coming soon to a theater near you. Just like I've been saying. And don't give me some excuse about how the market is weak cause its within a couple of points of its ALL TIME HIGH.
Is the stock price low enough for the insiders to buy with their personal money considering they sold loads of stock at $30+ ?? Nope..it would be a bad business practice to buy the snake oil sold to others!!
Race between IMAX stock price and Ticket price to the bottom...Stock price might win the race!!
only 19 more dollars to drop
IMAX is probably going to get bought, this is a great BUY now. Here's why, IMAX has a small float of only 55.2M shares and a short interest of 13% this stock is going up and IMAX is certainly a takeover target by Disney or Netflix or any of the cable companies. This stock has way more upside than down. IMAX is a great buy now at this level. Just look at the stock options they expect a "pop". IMAX a great buy now.
Short squeeze to $22.00 and up.
When thieves lead the wagon train, the passengers are bound to be robbed...just saying!!!