I think KKR might have reached its upward limit and that a pullback may be possible. check out awe-som*sto-cks, its a pretty reliable service. of course you have to do your own due diligence, but they generally point you in the right direction.
Now that the CNN sensationalism of Irma and the threat of a N. Korea Nuke has subdided rational heads should return to the markets. 10 P/E on KKR is a $24 stock.
ready to get some picks that are way better than KKR? Make sure to get involved with the*stock-dork now so you dont miss out. .
If it traded in line with same pe as other financials like let's say BX wgich has a 14.66 pe. KKR would be 14.66 x 2.41= 35.34 ar stock. or if it traded with same book value as BX which is trading at 3.2 vs KKR at 1.395. KKR would be trading at 3.41x 12= $41 stock. I think that is too rich as financials usually do not trade much north of twice book, which would be a $26 stock. I don't think we will see $41 right away but I also think 26 is too cheap. should trade up to $30.......soon! I hope ;).
10 P/E on 2.4 earnings is 24 dollar stock. that is 30% upside plus 3.6% dividend is a total return of 33.6%.
buy buy buy as Kramer would say.
A. D. Monroe
So glad I got out last month after 10 years. What a bunch of hogwash!
The co-founders are getting up in years. Are they replaceable? Their salaries are very high but it looks like their performance matches their salary. In more than 40 years they probably know a lot of tricks that would be hard to teach to a replacement.
Fundamentally, Its strength in better growth, strong profitability and better efficiency compared with its peers. Higher rating at stockFA.
with both hands!
correction times 2.5 eps is 30.
12 pe times 2.5 stock is 30 dollar stock!
The upside potential for KKR just got a whole lot more interesting. Im not sure about you guys but awesome*sto-cks has provided me with some pretty good trade ideas. I messed up executing some of them but thats on me.
kkr looks to be undervalued based on its 8 pe
KKR's second-quarter earnings soar to a record 6:30 AM ET, 07/27/2017 - Reuters
By Greg Roumeliotis
July 27 (Reuters) - KKR & Co LP said on Thursday its second-quarter after-tax profit almost quadrupled to a record, as the private equity firm marked up the value of several of its investments to reflect their strong performance amid a market rally.
The strong earnings follow a surge in KKR's own stock, which has risen more than 60 percent in the last 18 months. Activist hedge fund ValueAct Capital LP disclosed a stake of close to 5 percent in KKR in April, arguing the stock is still undervalued.
KKR said that after-tax economic net income, which takes into account mark-to-market gains or losses in its investment portfolio, came in at 89 cents per share, up from 23 cents per share a year ago and more than the 67 cents per share that analysts on average forecast in a Thomson Reuters poll.
The value of KKR's private equity funds rose 7.3 percent in the second quarter, while some of its credit funds, as well as it own investments funded by its balance sheet, also saw gains. By comparison, peer Blackstone Group LP last week disclosed a 2.8 percent appreciation in its private equity funds in the quarter.
Nevertheless, after-tax distributable earnings, representing actual cash available to pay dividends, dropped 37 percent to $321.9 million, as asset sales slowed down. KKR declared a second-quarter dividend of 17 cents per share, in line with its fixed cash distribution policy.
KKR's assets under management reached $148.5 billion as of the end of June 30, 2017, an increase of $10.9 billion from the end of March. During the quarter, KKR completed raising the biggest private equity fund ever to be launched in Asia, amassing $9.3 billion.
Earlier this month, KKR appointed two of its veteran dealmakers, Joseph Bae and Scott Nuttall, as co-presidents and co-chief operating officers, setting them up as its future leaders.
The move represented the biggest shakeup in the 41-year-old firm's history since KKR's other co-founder, Jerome Kohlberg Jr, left it in 1987. It positions Bae and Nuttall to take over from Henry Kravis and George Roberts when the 73-year-old co-founders and co-chief executives of KKR decide to step down.
in next 3 years I expect book value $ 18 - 20 and price per share over $ 30
KKR & Co. LP (KKR) reported 2nd Quarter June 2017 earnings of $0.89 per share on revenue of $931.8 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.63 per share on revenue of $301.2 million. The Earnings Whisper number was $0.71 per share. Revenue grew 61.6% on a year-over-year basis.
this stock is a no brainer to $24. 10 times 2.40 eps is $24. That is still a super cheap stock at $24.