Home Depot and Lowes over the last 5 years have earned 1.67% and 1.60% respectively on their stock value increase. So, from a stock value investment basis there is very little difference in the last 5 years between these companies. I like Lowes stock value to increase on a greater percentage basis than Home Depot but not dramatically. Granted that interests remains with in a quarter basis points over the next 6 months. Historically low interest rates will continue to spur home repairs on the families greatest asset, their home. .
Remember this was a double whammy, we should see a rev bump for more than just 1 quarter, I am thinking 4-5 quarters.
Any investor in real estate see's the need for hurricane building materials. Fact damage occurred and repairs are necessary not an option to wait for. Trump has vested interest in Florida in Key Largo. Money tap will flow to help out residents. And they deserve it. Home improvement retailers whether Lowes or Home Depot will both do fine financially. Cost price match is available between them. Keeping prices low to help the victims of the hurricane is Lowes goal. And I am happy owning such a good company stock. Negativity on this board is from shorts that want the options to go lower. Invest in stocks that you think will earn returns that have good price to earnings structure. LOWES is one of them.
Lowe's is not only setup nicely for the next few quarters, but for the next few years. Lowe's market valuation is half that of HD. Lowe's has MUCH more upside potential than HD. HD is fully valued and needs to execute flawlessly to maintain its multiples that are nearly 2x that of Lowe's.
This is great information today from BMO. Lowes will increase sales by up to 644 million as a result of the devastating 2 hurricane impacts, in material and equipment sales.
HD – BMO Capital Markets gets bullish on Home Depot and Lowe’s citing post-hurricane rebuilding efforts.
SEP 14, 2017 | 10:44AM | BY STOCKNEWS.COM STAFF That’s according to BMO Capital analyst Wayne Hood who today raised his earnings estimates on both Home Depot and its chief rival, Lowe’s. Hood notes that Hurricanes Harvey and Irma mark the first time two category-4 hurricanes made U.S. landfall in the same year. While storm-related products skew toward lower margin items, the increase in sales volume is significant. In a note to clients, Hood stated: “The combined benefit of both hurricanes to Home Depot’s 2017 sales could approach $1,041 million to $1,318 million, exceeding the combined $672 million benefit for Hurricanes Irene and Sandy. Similarly, the benefit to Lowe’s could be $484 million to $644 million in 2017 compared with a combined benefit of $224 million for Hurricanes Irene and Sandy
Hurricane Maria is next....
can't understand why this did not fly up 3 or 4 points with Hurricane Irma mess
That just means more "do-it-yourself" home repairs. Which is right up Lowe's Alley. FEMA funds will be flowing into Lowe's cash register as well. Lowe's will be above $100 per share in the next 6 months. Damage estimates are well above Katrina already.
Lowes has the best and most ready available disaster relief supply chain network from the manufacturers to provide electricity generators that fema will have to buy asap in Florida. Better than Home Depot. Lowes is comperable but much better than Home Depot in that supply chain. Both companies however will do fine this quarter. . The home is the largest single family asset and continuing and progressive repairs will be made to all the damaged property. They may write checks directly from the Federal budget to restore homes instead of buying trailers that are more costly for thousands of residents. LOWES will hit $100 easily. The spending will be enourmous by the federal government. Insurance will pay for new roofs. Roofs, drywall,flooring, paint, windows, dehumidifiers, A/C and heating equipment, hot water tanks all will be needed. And contracts with suppliers is gauranteed profit for Lowes. Customers can't buy direct from manufacturers. We hope and pray that all in the damaged areas are made whole. Even it costs the entire country a contribution. Tax cuts will have to wait now.
Looking at the 5 year chart of Lowes. Septermber 21, 2012 Lowes was $30.19 since then day after day, month after month for 5 years Lowes has increased in value to now$78.46. That in market terms is a "SUCCESS" story. Over 100% return in 5 years is fantastic. Nothing to be critical of. HD has a different story and is fine in its own right. My observation is that Lowes hasn't disappointed investors in its stock. And the corporate earnings are facts. And facts don't lie. Long term continual growth. Not at risk of failure. These analysts remarks speaks volumes. Average analyst price target $86. in a year. Elizabeth Lane Suzuki Merrill Lynch
Hold 08/24/17 $82.00 1.10% 44% Article Read Article
John Baugh Stifel Nicolaus
Buy 08/23/17 $87.00 1.90% 56%
Could be a run up past christmas to 100. Then, it's a short to $20. Poor;y run company. Inventory problems. VERY disgruntled employees. They cannot compete with Amazon. Stocking and shipping are a disaster. They still use DOS. Their systems are so antiquated, they're comical
Irma and Harvey will be providing upside profits to both Lowe's and HD for years to come. I like Lowe's better because they are valued at about half of what HD is valued at. Now that's True Value!
Overall I think we will see upside for LOW in the short-term. Perhaps a pullback next day or so could occur I suppose but are yall also seeing a further leg higher? Not sure how https://activepennystocks1.blogspot.com finds all these incredible trade ideas but im happy.
oh well, so much for that theory, going down for no reason
The Hurricanes are good for a small quarterly bump and that it, its all about what are you going to do for me know......not what did you just do for me. This has 65-68 written all over it people.
I added some more shares today on this silly down day!
why in the heck would this go down premarket, they will benefit!
Huge lines and huge demand at Lowe's in Houston. All the Lowe's stores in the Houston are are now open but one!!! Ring those cash registers!!!!!!!!!!
Brian, bet you there are more hold or no buy as there are buy recommendations. Go back to when Nardelli left HD and compare Lowes and HD. At one time prices where within pocket change of each other. HD has now doubled Lowes. Why? HD board got a great CEO in there that drove the company with solid leadership. Quarter after quarter of meeting and exceeding expectations. Lowes quarter after quarter of missing expectations. Lowes price is dragging further and further behind HD each quarter. Like I said until they bring in a new and dynamic CEO Lowes will be behind.
MICROCAP SPECIAL ALERT - BioLargo (BLGO) surprise acquisition of ENTIRE world class engineering team from Fortune 500 CB&I Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc. brings immediate big profitable revenues and the last needed piece to commercially launch it’s disruptive breakthrough Highest Impact Lowest Cost water treatment system into a $850 billion industry where it is badly needed.
BLGO COMMERCIAL REVENUES ARE STARTING NOW AND STRONGLY POSITIONED TO EXPLODE FOR YEARS TO COME
Follow this chain of facts to understand the powerful investment implications:
1. BLGO developed and owns the breakthrough AOS Water Treatment system that was just unveiled at the University of Alberta. The AOS is validated by many leading experts as the biggest breakthrough in water treatment in history
2. The AOS system was validated by 1,600 studies and by the world’s largest water engineering company to disinfect and to also remove toxic contaminants better, faster and cheaper than all technologies
3. Over 35 government grants support the AOS system
4. After 10 years of development, the AOS system is now commercially ready for engineering to tailor and build it for user’s specific needs
5. BLGO just acquired THE ENTIRE ENGINEERING INNOVATION TEAM THAT CREATED GIANT REVENUES FOR CB&I and now creates instant big revenues for BLGO
6. The new engineering team brings substantial new business on day 1
7. BLGO’S new Engineering and Science Division has powerful established business relationships with giant users for the AOS
8. BLGO’s new Engineering & Science Division from CB&I is strongly incentivized to generate big and profitable revenues
9. BLGO hired Dr Shan Yong as head of BD for the AOS. Dr Yong has long established relationships with Veolia and the world’s largest water companies
10. BLGO just closed a finance commitment for $10 million with Lincoln Park Capital
11. BLGO Clyra Medical division within days of filing 510k for novel low cost, best in class wound care products in a $10 billion market
12. Clyra wound care products kill even resistant microbials (ESKAPE PATHOGENS) and promote healing
13. 510k is a 90-day process
14. Tanya Rhodes was head of wound care product development at giant Smith & Nephew
15. Tanya Rhodes is now spearheading Clyra’s disruptive product entry into $10 billion market
16. Several more proprietary blockbuster and disruptive wound care products are in pipeline
17. CupriDyne industrial air treatment odor control is being sold now and is quickly being adopted by major companies
18. 3 of the top 10 waste management companies have already signed National Purchasing Agreements and sales are increasing rapidly
19. Word on the street is that CupiDyne is going to take over odor control
20. CupriDyne sales potential is billions per year
21. BLGO is destined to achieve enormous revenues and multi-billion dollar market cap in near term with major prolonged growth for years to come.
BioLargo Acquires World-Class Engineering Team to Form a New Engineering Services Subsidiary and Enters into Common Stock Purchase Agreement for Up to $10 Million with Lincoln Park Capital
Westminster, CA, Sept. 11, 2017-- BioLargo, Inc., a sustainable science and technology company that delivers practical solutions for clean water, clean air and advanced wound care, announced today it finalized ...