U.S. Markets closed

MBIA Inc. (MBI)


NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
10.33-0.10 (-0.96%)
At close: 4:05PM EDT

10.33 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 5:20PM EDT

People also watch
MTGRDNAGOXLLNC
  • National Public Finance Guarantee Corporation Takes Legal Action to Lift the PROMESA Stay to Seek the Appointment of a Receiver and Compel a Rate Increase in Accordance with Puerto Rico law and PREPA’s Trust Agreement
  • Price run up easily explained by the twin announcements of $250 million stock buyback and the loss of AA- rating, coupled with immediate announcement of MBI of layoffs at National and plans to return shareholder value. This was important, because the logical course to pursue at this point is to buyback stock furiously while the price to book value is so discounted. When the discounts between AGO and MBI are more equalized, then sell. Understand that top management holds significant amount of their personal wealth in company stock, so they are well incentivised to maximize share price prior to any potential sale. I would not be surprised in the least to discover covenants in the stock option plan for management that vests immediately upon any sale of the company. I expect that talks are going on behind the scenes even now, but I would not expect to hear an announcement of the sale before the price to book value of MBI approaches that of AGO. Remember that management will be using company money to increase their share of the MBI pie upon eventual sale. It will also increase your share of the pie if you remain an owner of MBI stock during the process. I don't expect to hear about any dividend to shareholders, as it makes way more sense to retire shares at a discounted price to book with that money, especially if you plan to cash out in the future with a larger, more valuable slice of the pie. Note that the response to the credit downgrade was immediate. This was a well thought out contingency plan being put into action. I would have much preferred that National continue to write new business and prosper, but I think MBI's value relative to AGO's (the most likely buyer) begins to equalize.
  • Even AGO and Buffett have more enthu if the stock shows some dazzle...
  • Should run up a bit more before the market closes.
  • If things are all set what is AGO waiting for...and if it does not hurry there could be other players and AGO might have to compete with others...looks like it is the stupid mentality of not reacting fast enough till something jolting happens...I think AGO would be better off being straight and cut the deal
  • This company is now officially in run-off. Consequently, MBI can resume paying cash dividends since it stopped doing so in 2007. I expect an announcement will confirm this before the month is over.
  • We believe the potential for significant return of capital from MBIA make its shares an excellent short- and long-term investment opportunity, and we reiterate our Buy recommendation with a price target of $15, based on a multiple of about 0.5x our 2018 adjusted book value estimate of about $33.70.
  • After the bonus the price of $15 is so obvious so why the hesitation...does the AGO not have the guts to come forward
  • Sincerely why downplay show the full might and get the right price....MBIA please shine....
  • MBIA should go up faster to get a better price from the buyers if it is sitting at these levels it is booking itself for $15 but if it breaks the current level it could get $18 from the buyers...come on MBIA you know you deserve better so please rise...anyway the show is ending so why hiding...show the full power that you deserve it....
  • Buffet should really come forward and grab this...as AGO is not fast enough...
  • I don't understand what people are waiting for and also who is selling these levels?
    I added some in my IRA account today, easy 60 to 80 % gain in cards.
  • Hedgies and other big institutions are accumulating at these levels, imo,
    I am not sure why somebody is even selling at these levels.
  • @Thinks any ideas if BUff should buy this....
  • When the things are already staged for sale why the sale is not happening...what are the gr8 institutional owners of this stock (90%) holding back for...real creeps...they don't live and don't let live...sick...either get a buyer or let MBIA do the business and get your funky feet out of the rating business...
  • We🌱say🌱we🌱waste🌱time,🌱but🌱that🌱is🌱impossible. http://dataunion.tistory.com/12872

    MBIA Inc_ NYSE $MBI Correlation Histogram
    X axis : Stocks Price Correlation Coefficient Y axis : Quantity of stocks Sep-2016 1,000 Day Parameter 4,338 NYSE Stocks Price Analysis This stock mode of correlation coefficient is 0.7 In other words, the correlation coefficient of the other stocks
    dataunion.tistory.com
  • Easy $12 by next week and $15 by earnings report, IMO.
    Looks like of institutions are grabbing shares at these low levels.
    In fact I bought more MBI today, cannot afford to miss at these levels.
    Please do your own RESEARCH and DD as well.
  • Mr. Thinks! where are you any thoughts....on time of sale....
  • with bac and wells fargo I think MBIA is a good combination for Buff portfolio...
  • Looks like this company is going private...may be Buff would take it and make it private...he has enough money from bac...