52.00 0.00 (0.00%)
After hours: 4:58PM EDT
|Bid||51.92 x 100|
|Ask||52.04 x 4900|
|Day's Range||51.38 - 52.04|
|52 Week Range||49.01 - 60.53|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||20.72|
|Dividend & Yield||0.72 (1.40%)|
|1y Target Est||N/A|
Let me admit my bias right up front: I’m a nut about my Fitbit (FIT). My little Fitbit Alta does an incredible job of turning invisible aspects of my health—sleep cycles, heart rate, activity levels, and so on—into motivating graphs and coaching.
This week, news that Amazon.com Inc. will launch its own sportswear brand keeps the excitement rolling. Bloomberg reported late Friday that the Seattle-based e-commerce giant plans to add athletic wear to its growing list of private-label brands, sourcing from two Taiwanese suppliers that also produce clothing for Nike Inc., Under Armour Inc. and Lululemon Athletica Inc. This would introduce additional competition at a time when many in the industry, including Nike and Under Armour, are trying to stage a turnaround amidst a challenging U.S. retail environment. Nike reported a 22 percent decrease in earnings per share and flat sales with its Q1 earnings report last month.
Cavaliers forward LeBron James is the NBA’s most marketable player, finishing comfortably ahead of Warriors guard Stephen Curry, according to a survey of sports business execs, analysts and media members conducted by The SportsBusiness Daily. Thunder guard Russell Westbrook, Warriors forward Kevin Durant and Rockets guard James Harden round out the Top 5, with all five athletes featured in visible campaigns for big national brands.
Piper Jaffray just released the results of its Fall 2017 Taking Stock With Teens survey, and the numbers were anything but good for Under Armour Inc (NYSE:UAA). This means UAA stock is no longer relevant. Instead, UAA will be lucky to see double-digit revenue growth again while margins should remain under pressure.
Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) is on life support. This may be true, but we’re a long way from calling in the bankruptcy lawyers. Yes, NKE stock is going through a sales funk at the moment, but I do think there’s a quick remedy. Nike should buy Lululemon Athletica Inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) for $10 billion because it allows the world’s biggest sneaker company to resume its growth trajectory.
Skechers (SKX) is covered by 12 Wall Street analysts, who have a positive view on the company. It has received a rating of 2 on a scale of 1 (strong buy) to 5 (sell).
Nike is the biggest and best brand in all of athletic apparel. Competition has been hot and that has been eating into Nike’s dominance, but Nike is starting to respond to that competition with strategic initiatives of its own. As those initiatives play out over the next several quarters, Nike will regain its dominance of the athletic retail market.
On Friday night, Bloomberg reported that Amazon.com (AMZN) was planning to start making its own athletic apparel, while using the same vendors as Gap (GPS) and Lululemon Athletica (LULU) to boot. Could it be that Amazon won't pose as big a threat to athletic apparel makers? KeyBanc's Edward Yruma and team explain why Amazon could have a harder time disrupting that market: Recent news reports of Amazon making progress in developing an athletic line with key athletic vendors, including Eclat Textile and Makalot Industrial, is not a surprise given recent key hires and strategic focus on apparel.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: NIKE, Cisco Systems, Gilead Sciences, Las Vegas Sands and Aon
It is almost impossible to find a large cap name at a decent price in the stock market these days. Nike stock delivered revenues of $9.1 billion, which was flat compared to the previous year. About 95% of this revenue was generated from the Nike brand itself, and the other 5% from Converse, although Converse revenues were down 16%.
Benzinga has featured a look at many investor favorite stocks over the past week. Bullish calls featured a specialty retailer and a leading airline. Bearish calls included a global footwear giant and a ...
The CNBC IQ100 index beating the broader market over one year up 26%. Today's leaders include UnitedHealth, Johnson & Johnson, Nike and Edwards Lifesciences.