Advertisement
Advertisement
U.S. Markets closed
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Norsemont Mining Inc. (NOM.CN)

Canadian Sec - Canadian Sec Real Time Price. Currency in CAD
Add to watchlist
0.4300-0.0100 (-2.27%)
At close: 01:55PM EDT
Advertisement

Yahoo Finance will soon be upgrading our Conversations message board platform to provide a better experience for our users. Only comments published since April 21, 2021 will be visible on Yahoo Finance after the upgrade. If you wish to download and save any of your older comments, please submit a request via the Privacy Dashboard by no later than Sept. 30.

Sign in to post a message.
  • M
    Michael
    buy the dip? :D
  • E
    Eduardo
    I contacted them early today.

    They told me that the COVID slowed things much more than expected, that it was the main reason for the delay.

    I asked about Marc, why haven't we heard from him, I questioned Paul if he was still even in NORSEMONT. He replied that nothing had gone sideways, that he and the team is still on track to get the resource estimate and that we hadn't heard from him because there was no real news to communicate and they don't want to release news just because.

    Paul told that we should all be on the lookout for a huge news release soon that would get us investors happy about NOM (ask him).

    The new website will be released in this week allong with the updated Company presentation deck.

    He thanked me for the call and assured me that he can be contacted anytime with any doubt or concern and talk about it.

    I DO RECOMMEND contacting him to have a quick call and have all your concerns answered, he's a very straigh forward guy, very clear and I feel he's telling what's going on as it is. This is the second time I've talked to him and I feel calmer with the call; it's much better than trying to get a hold of them through email and Twitter.

    LET'S GO NOM!!!!
    Bullish
  • E
    Eduardo
    Here is my take on the possible share price for Norsemont:

    1.- I’ve found an article from Kitco titled “The Real Value of Gold in the Ground" dated June 3rd 2015 and used it to determine a possible price in a takeover of the Choquelimpe mine.
    The article cites a research made by Cipher Research, analyzing 250+ takeover from 1990-2003.
    It states that 56% of the takovers paid less than $45/oz and the median from takeovers in Latinamerica was $41/oz; it also says that there is little correlation with the price of gold at the time of the takeover. My opinion is that if Gold prices hit $2,200/oz in Q4 2021, price will certainly be a factor to consider in favor of the price; I consider this factor to increase the takeover price/oz a +20%. So my base estimation is $43/oz + 20% due to gold price of $2,200 = $53.8
    Talking about premium, Preproduction mines (like Choquelimpe in my point of view) have a ~18% higher acquisition price over feasibility/development mines. So $53.8 + 18% = $63.4/oz.
    If we consider that ALL 5 million oz gold equivalent resource in Choquelimpe are minable, then $63.4/oz * 5 million = $317 million for the Mine / 52 million shares = $6.1 per share
    (On other sites, I’ve found that a usual valuation for a mine is 75 CAD/oz or $61/oz so I think that my estimates are somehow accurate)
    However, only 20% of Choquelimpe has been explored, so there is a 5 times potential resource. We could reach a target of $25/share or $1.5 billion value for the mine, if more drilling is made and other 43-101 are conducted in the following months/years (Norsemont have enough cash to do additional exploring and gold in the dumps to finance the operation).
    There is something that has been in my head for a while. Marc Levy told in some of the YouTube videos that he was confident to reach a price of $10-$20/share for the shareholders (correct me if I’m wrong), with the current resource in the ground and a gold price of $1,800/oz and that he would very much want to sell a $1-2 billion dollar company as a personal goal. For me that’s an indicator that they know more than they have told the public about the real potential of Choquelimpe (I clearly recall he saying that there could be much more gold in Choquelimpe that they could dare to say). A 2-billion-dollar company means a $40/share for us.
    2.- Regarding producing mines (that could be the case of Choquelimpe in the future), I’ve even found in other sites that Gold mines can be valued up to 5 to 10 times the net earnings of a year (Gold price/oz minus cost of mine/zo), so it would be important to know how many ounces/year could be produced in Choquelimpe with the current infrastructure working as intended, to try to determine a more accurate valuation given the case (I bet Choquelimpe could be valued way higher if management is able to get the mine on production state).
    3.- So, for the time being, my opinion is that the first target for a takeover will be a $6-$10 /share and up to $25-$40 if management is able to find 20 million MINEABLE ounces; if the mine becomes productive, considering increasing gold prices, who knows!! ($80-$100??)…
    What’s your opinion? I would very much like you take on this. It would ALSO be nice to know the opinion of an expert with some DD!!

    Note1 : I’ve not considered share dilution; I BET THEY WON’T DO IT, since
    Note2: please search for the Kitco article, is quite interesting
    Bullish
  • K
    Kleinie
    Nearly time to buy some more.. 😊
    Bullish
  • K
    Kleinie
    Looking good so far today 😊
    Bullish
  • K
    Kleinie
    Think Marc needs to do some more interviews to promote the company. Less than 15k shares traded today.
    Bullish
  • K
    Kleinie
    Any reason for the 🚀 today?
    Bullish
  • M
    Michael
    In another forum someone write that he received a mail from Paul and that they already prepared all articles and stuff, just to be ready for the moment they are allowed to release more detailed Infos...

    Can't really confirm what he wrote, but yeah... just wanted to let you know...
  • E
    Eduardo
    I contacted them Friday last week and they told me that the report should be released in the very near future.

    For me the 43-101 is ready and it's just a matter of good timming for realasing the discoveries to get the best results from the market; my guess is next week when the stock is in an uptrend or something like that)..

    Let's do some bets!
    Bullish
  • K
    Kleinie
    In the last interview Marc said he was looking into adding shares to his position. I’m waiting on any news confirming this until I add more.
    Bullish
  • M
    Michael
    Is this how it all starts? 😍
  • K
    Kleinie
    Pretty good day today 😊
    Bullish
  • M
    Matus
    To my understanding, he said 2nd half of the year which means it could be somewhere after July, probably in August/September or later. Still some time to wait which was expected to be honest. At least there is an update
  • P
    PW
    Is that the bottom now finally?
  • T
    Trevor
    Gold down 2.35% today. NOM up. Do we have 43-101 and/new investment?
  • E
    Eduardo
    I've just received and updated presentetion of Norsemont!
    Bullish
  • P
    PW
    Today or tomorrow news?! They make us wait big time!
  • P
    PW
    Did anyone contact them already this year about status 43-101?
  • M
    Matus
    Probably gonna reduce my position soonish if nothing will get released in the next week or two. They kept promising it til the end of the year if by mid february there is still no new info, I can't imagine they are too happy with the results.
Advertisement
Advertisement