U.S. markets closed

Nuance Communications, Inc. (NUAN)

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
54.93-0.03 (-0.05%)
At close: 4:00PM EDT
Sign in to post a message.
  • c
    coolguydupe
    Going to buy out price, finally!
  • i
    iamlbts
    Nuance is a leader in voice biometrics. Voice biometrics (voice recognition) may well revolutionize security on cell phones and this new ability to safely use your phone will have profound market advantages for the finance and medical companies adopting this technology. Microsoft is getting a bargain.
    Bullish
  • j
    james
    Just received by email a Message Notification from IBKR that NUAN merger will be merged June 15th, 2021
    That was from their Corportate Actions department.
    Bullish
  • T
    TV107
    so does today's news mean buyout will close sooner than expected like by mid-september?
  • D
    Dean
    No one seriously expected the deal to be blocked by Gov.
    IMO The spread was maintained by professional traders who just look at these things mechanically, and they just adjust their Arb gap according to their rule of thumb, without spending a lot of in-depth research on the details. I have no other explanation for the large arb gap, anyone has any other opinion?

    I mostly nibbled (orgy-ed) on options by placing smallish sell orders every day across 14 strikes/expirations and assembled 748 short option contracts. Ending up with Strangles and yielding ~40% return in a Margin account (assuming the deal closes).
  • C
    ChitownTrader
    What would happen to the 2023 calls once Microsoft buys nuan?
  • D
    Dean
    Any Arb specialists here ?
    Seems like the Gap is $3, so back of the envelope the market thinks there is a 10% probability the deal wont go through. Looking at some options trades, its also about a 10-15% probability. What's the proper way to read the markets expectation of the deal closing? Personally I think the probability is much less than 10%.
  • S
    Sid
    Dean I think there is 0 chance Microsoft backs out of a deal that every analyst is saying is a home run for them. I have looked hard for any reason why this is trading at approx 6% discount and it probably just comes down to time. But since Microsoft said by end of year and they don’t screw around, I was a big buyer.
  • s
    sussexsquare
    Made a good profit on this but still think the buyout price is a bit low. Wishful thinking that a higher offer would come in but against Microsoft that was always doubtful and not too many companies with near 20 billion to spend anyway. Held a few companies that then got acquired at a price that is really below what they should hold out on. Most recent was Ventura Group bought in at 90 p and it’s been bought by Carlyle at 160 p a share I think this is way too cheap as it has really turned a corner and making decent profit again. Got a 10,000 share holding in Angle a small cap biotech and that has gone up a lot this year so in the money but I think this could be a 10 Bagger in time. Their liquid cancer biopsy is revolutionary in cancer diagnosis and treatment awaiting full FDA approval but when that comes Whoosh! Likely will be snapped up by private equity group as well at nothing like it’s potential price.
  • w
    willtori1
    Bob, as I said, the acquisition price may hold nuan up somewhat as it is today but a NASDAQ correction will not keep it from falling.
  • v
    vanallsburg
    They had some interesting insights about NUAN on (http://Stocks-tracker.com). Definitely made me think twice about the company.
  • D
    Dean
    Does anyone know when the NUAN shareowners vote on the merger?
    (interesting $515M penalty if they vote No :) -that's voter intimidation)
  • S
    Susan Smith
    Anyone give what would likely be a timeline for closing the deal?
  • w
    willtori1
    No more posts from me on this board. There is no point. I do hope CRNC comes around the dog it has become. HA!!
  • c
    cheri
    Four (4) Law Firms investigating Nuance.
    Lifshitz Law Firm, P.C. Announces Investigation,
    Halper Sadeh LLP Continues to Investigate,
    Monteverde & Associates PC Announces an Investigation of Nuance,
    Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates

    They seeking big pay day? Seeking to block sale ?
  • G
    GEORGE
    what other similar company would be next for buyout,,any interesting comments??
  • B
    Brian
    Vote occurred I believe
  • Y
    Yk
    Any idea when ma is finalizing?
    $56 we should be at .
  • J
    Jack
    Will current Nuance shareholders have the option to exchange their shares for Microsoft shares? Having the option at least could be beneficial for tax management purposes, if so desired. Thank you.
  • w
    willtori1
    I remember over the years of holding Nuance it always seemed the SP didn't do so good over the summer months. That is the reason on my comment of under $53.