Although the share price is pathetically low, and up until recently unjustifiably so, the latest "strategic" moves a/k/a fumbles by Perrin have delayed the long play, so actually it is anyones guess what happens next. The warrant conversion was a protective measure or stopgap to guard against that being a larger liability (so that is supporting the SP after its drop), but the unknown delay time is unfortunate. Only 4 more patients to enroll and go 6 months, but this holding pattern really throws it up in the air. A couple things to note: Although there is no evidence linking patient deaths with INSPIRE (good), we have an indeterminate delay (bad), though the fact that there have been fatalities ought to put to bed the ridiculous short speculation of "selective bias" which was always an absurd thesis, and even more repudiated by the desperateness of PI's flirting with using such fragile patients. Obviously no cherry-picking going on! They need to get INSPIRE going again as quickly as possible. I understand the sites need to sign off on any changes, but why can't the study resume at the individual pace of sites coming back online. Probably the ones who were not Hall of Shame contenders (active sites instead of on paper only) will sign off more quickly anyway, so a staggered restart should be fine. I find it hard to believe that it is all or nothing like a jury needing to be unanimous or there's a retrial. Anyway time is of the essence. Long thesis on temporary hold thanks to Perrin's mismanagement.
I have lost any faith in this company as a long time stock holder. I would be ashamed to be on their board. I have written the public relations office with questions and comments on many occasions with not one answer. I was partially motivated to invest in this stock because they were working to accomplish something good for humanity. It certainly has been. a total loser as an investment and it just keeps getting worse. It is so low that it isn't even worth selling except for a loss. Shame on management!!!
exchange of warrants added insult to injury. great timing. right after the clinical hold. for a company that wants to help people with spinal injuries, it sure knows how to cripple its investors. very disappointed as an investor. it happens ... always stay diversified and don't put too many eggs in one basket ....glta
Dow futures up 124 points. That should translate into a 2 cent gain for us. The loser CEO and BOD's. A bunch of loser's
Buy low; sell high! This is low.
I bought at the beginning of the month, but had to break a rule and buy today, because the price was such a gift.
Those complaining about the CEO do not understand that he doesn't get to "sell" the device to patients, hospitals, or PIs. I wrote a post awhile back, explaining why patients/family may not want to try a device with no proven efficacy that involves major surgery. I will repost it for those who are interested.
Another consideration: Some sites may not be signing up because they are anxious to perform an experimental surgery with no proven efficacy. They may, however, see the benefit in being up and running when the FDA gives the nod. Even after the FDA gives the nod to go ahead, trauma centers wishing to implant the device will still need to have IRB approval. Better to already have it and be a "part" of the initial study, than completely sitting on the sidelines.
We need to enroll four more patients - OTOH, maybe the FDA could change back to the original 20 not "20 evaluable" patients. Then we would only need one more patient. NVIV is currently sitting on a 35% conversion rate with 4 patients still in evaluation. Adding one more patient would give us five patients in evaluation, of which one might convert just by chance (15% * 5 = .75). Rounded up, that equals one patient.
There is so much good happening with this stock it is ridiculous. The price is not relevant. The price is driven by people who do not understand the science or the progress that has been made to date. Or, it is driven by retail investors who are traders and need to have a small profit rather than waiting for a 10/20 bagger.
Nobody owns enough NVIV
Conversion statistics: OPC = 25% NVIV @ 35%
Safety profile: 100% safe.
Maybe the FDA and our company will agree that we only need to prepare a modified patient disclosure form for potential new enrollments to provide new and complete information surrounding the 3 patient deaths. With full disclosure the trial would be able to resume without getting participant approvals except for the increment of new patients at the time of candidacy. Even our company could negotiate and implement this approach straight away..
1.20 was the bottom and watch what happens when NVIV is back on track with the new FDA protocol...patience
Regarding the most recent trial halt per the 10Q, FDA has responded with recommendations and revisions to the protocol are anticipated. These changes will not only need to be approved by the FDA before reopening the trial but also requires reapproval from each enrollment site.
This unfortunately verifies delays will stretch MONTHS. Last trial halt was roughly 3 to 4 months as Invivo also needed approvals from each site. Company will continue to waste another 6+ million dollars at the current burn rate...
Nice work Perrin
I stuck around for the science, but got taken for a ride by management...most useless CEO of all time. Never bought a single share and failed every step of the way. Shorts won this one.
$37-$38M Market Cap for a company that has over $20M in cash, no debt, significant intellectual property in the form of patents on products and processes in an area that has little to no competition with significant results that can Globally change the medical world with regards to SCI... this is beyond comprehension logically. Its seriously unfortunate that money rules in good vs evil... its a shame big money cannot back good and improve the future survival of human beings rather than oppose it for a buck.
So, what's up with this company now?? Good time to get in?
No news anytime soon, he's probably in Martha's Vineyard enjoying his ill gotten gains...
Envy vo, your as much a culprit on the positive side as Creed is on the negative side. The one thing that separates you two on a daily basis is that Creed shows up daily. You and your seemingly endless "NO ONE OWNS ENOUGH SHARES" are endless. We hear from you or should I say sorry #$%$ maybe once a month and this has been going on since the old Yahoo message board. oh and you were touting no one owns enough at the price of 12 dollars. Face it the CEO is a failure and the BODs are a bigger failure stating with Ann Merrifield and the slim bag guy from the Miami project
This is why the short sellers have been having a feast. No doubt this exchange information was leaked into the investment community, likely through Raymond James, and there you have the reason for the PPS tanking. While the exchange results in dilution with no cash raise, this event could have had some positive spin, but when you combine it with the recent Trial halt, it's a killer.
Down 20% premarket on warrant conversion...
Has anyone noticed in the Corporate Presentation that the FDA granted HUD designation? Never saw this in a new flash.
At least there's little downside risk now
And then there's this a total waste
InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV) today announced that Mark Perrin, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, will present at the 37th Annual Canaccord Genuity Growth Conference on Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 2:30 PM Eastern Time at the InterContinental Boston in Boston, MA. This is the first time that the company has been invited to present at this conference. Mr. Perrin’s presentation will feature recent updates to the company’s Neuro-Spinal Scaffold™ program.
30 cents pre splitWhere was the stock price pre Jordan 50 cents?Conversions, conversions, conversions and this #$%$ has us at 30 cents?
the corporate presentation stated:
"we elected to implement a temporary halt to enrollment as we engaged with the FDA to determine whether any changes to the protocol were needed. The FDA responded formally with its recommendations; we are working on assessing the recommendations and formulating a response that will include a protocol amendment"
so the FDA told In Vivo what they wanted implemented to let INSPIRE continue enrollment--so based on that In Vivo should be able to get INSPIRE started again ASAP