U.S. markets open in 4 hours 44 minutes

Seadrill Limited (SEDRF)

Other OTC - Other OTC Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
24.50+2.50 (+11.36%)
At close: 02:47PM EDT

Yahoo Finance will soon be upgrading our Conversations message board platform to provide a better experience for our users. Only comments published since April 21, 2021 will be visible on Yahoo Finance after the upgrade. If you wish to download and save any of your older comments, please submit a request via the Privacy Dashboard by no later than Sept. 30.

Sign in to post a message.
  • R
    Why the big sell off today?
  • B
    Bill K
    With a loss in the last 12 months at 4.6B and 1.5B in cash that does not leave much room before Chapter 7. I guess they could do another RSS outside of BK and TRY to sell more shares, but they would probably not get much interest in that offering. I do not think they can do another Chapter 11.
    I think the ONLY things that can save SDRL is JF, but I don't think he would do that. The other thing would be a drastic demand change for oil and those days are over. Take my advice (as so many others have failed to do) sell now rather than go through this Chinese Water torture as it slowly drains the value from this doomed convoy of ships nobody wants or needs. .
  • B
    With the conversion of 2.3Bn in bonds to equity and the infusion of $1.1BN ion additional capital and using year end 12/17 numbers I estimate the curent book value (including calcualtion for only a 2% equity postion after SDRL comes out of its bankrupcy to be $0.46 per share
  • Y
    I am going ALL in..........200,000 shares...BUY..!
  • L
    If John Fredriksen would have been treated like every other shareholder, with an approximately .0037 conversion rate, then my calculations show that after the bankruptcy he would have ended up with way south of a $150,000,000 stake in SDRL. Bloomberg claims that he emerged with a $630,000,000 or 24% stake in SDRL after the bankruptcy. The biggest problem that I have is that when I glance through the bankruptcy papers I was under the impression that I would get about 1.9 shares per 100. This approximately .0037 conversion rate came as a total last minute shocker to me. The two shadiest stocks that I have ever been involved in where both home based in Bermuda. I will never trust someone who wears Bermuda shorts again.
  • J
    can I buy in right now or is it to late
  • B
    92k and still holding won't sell
  • T
    Not selling. This is just the start.
  • a
    Lot of steam and volume premarket. Will we see another 30%+ day? I am feeling lucky anyone else
  • C
    211820 Shares UP $38K Today Glad I did not Listen to the Sky is Falling Crowd. I honestly think there is FAKE news on these sites to get you to buy and sell depending on the objective.
  • a
    who else got in below .30 and is feeling great!
  • B
    AT this point I wish they would just sell the Company to the highest bidder. Management once again has not protected its shareholders. Let a quality management team take over and at least get its investors $10 per share back after this massive sell off recently!!
  • E
    is gonna fly. hold your shares
  • K
    Over .50 by tomorrow and over $1 by 4th of July.
  • H
    I haven’t seen anyone posting in a while? Any one have any news I’m trying to figure this out ?
  • L
    where is this gonna be at open, mid day, and close tomorrow. let's poll in the comments
  • M
    Seems someone does not like my recent post. Posted the truth about Seadills prospects. I work within the offshore industry. Recently offered a position on-board one of Seadrills drillships based in Tenerife. Contracted to return to operations in the summer 2018 plus one of its semi´s. Norwegian sector picking up . DNB bank confimed they are behind Seadrill. Sooner they layout a plan the sooner they can compete for the current and future contracts available. Market picking up faster than predicted. Best fleet in the industry and enough cash in hand, plus with the one billion promised injection they would be in a great position for recovery even with its large debt. I´m in from yesterday and believe they will manage. Big thing happening behind the scenes. I expect good press releases going forward.GLTA.
  • S
    Opening price tomorrow? Closing price?
  • A
    can't wait to see pre-market tomorrow. It was big fall in this 3 days morning. If next morning become stable, can consider to buy some.
  • V
    something is happening