TLT - iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF

NasdaqGM - NasdaqGM Delayed Price. Currency in USD
+0.48 (+0.38%)
At close: 4:00PM EST

127.88 -0.47 (-0.37%)
Pre-Market: 9:09AM EST

Stock chart is not supported by your current browser
Previous Close127.87
Bid127.84 x 3900
Ask127.89 x 3700
Day's Range127.56 - 128.59
52 Week Range116.49 - 129.57
Avg. Volume7,871,301
Net Assets6.9B
PE Ratio (TTM)N/A
YTD Return7.24%
Beta (3y)3.72
Expense Ratio (net)0.15%
Inception Date2002-07-22
Trade prices are not sourced from all markets
  • What to expect from the stock market this week
    Yahoo Finance Contributors9 days ago

    What to expect from the stock market this week

  • Bonds still stink
    Yahoo Finance Contributors11 days ago

    Bonds still stink

  • Fed expected to reveal major decisions today
    Yahoo Finance Video5 days ago

    Fed expected to reveal major decisions today

    The Fed will be announcing its latest monetary policy decision today at 2:00 pm Eastern, followed by Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s final press conference. Yahoo Finance’s Alexis Christoforous and Rick Newman break down some of the expectations of the Fed.

  • Market Realist2 hours ago

    US Dollar Index and Treasury Yields Rose in the Early Hours

    After gaining for three consecutive trading weeks, the US Dollar Index started this week on a mixed note.

  • Market Realist3 days ago

    US Dollar Index is Weak in the Early Hours on December 15

    The US Dollar Index traded with strength for two weeks and started this week on a mixed note amid the dented market sentiment.

  • Market Realist4 days ago

    Utilities Tend to Have Inverse Relationship with Interest Rates

    On December 13, 2017, ten-year Treasury yields fell to 2.4%. The ten-year Treasury yields (TLT) reported a yearly high of 2.6% prior to the first rate hike in March 2017.

  • Market Realist4 days ago

    US Dollar Index Is Weak Early on December 13

    In the early hours on Wednesday, the US Dollar Index is weak and trading below the opening prices. At 3:50 AM EST, it was trading at 94—a fall of 0.11%.

  • Barrons.com5 days ago

    What Fed Hike? Yields, Dollar and Bank Stocks Slip

    The Federal Open Market Committee surprised absolutely nobody by raising its federal funds rate target 25 basis points (one-quarter percentage point), to 1.25%-1.50%. Treasury yields fell in the face of the as-expected FOMC decision with the dollar dipping in tandem. The two-year note, the coupon maturity most sensitive to Fed policy expectations, fell four basis points in yield from the 2 PM EST release of the Fed decision, to 1.778% by late after noon.

  • Market Realist5 days ago

    Bill Gross: How Cost of Carry Could Change Investor Preference

    Gross believes that in return for cost of carry, if investors get risk-adjusted returns that will be unfruitful compared to the benchmark, they could shift their holdings to other asset classes.

  • Barrons.com6 days ago

    2 Things More Important Than Tomorrow's Fed Announcement

    In fewer than 24 hours, we'll know what the Federal Reserve has decided to do with interest rates, and the market isn't expecting much of a surprise. According to the CME Group's FedWatch tool, which calculates the odds of a rate hike based on futures pricing, there's an 87.6% chance the Fed increases interest rates by a quarter point. Unless the Fed elects for a half-point hike--there's a 12.4% chance of that happening--or doesn't raise rates at all, this meeting could be a nonevent.

  • Market Realist6 days ago

    Bill Gross: Should Investors Avoid US Treasury in Present Crisis?

    Bill Gross thinks investors need to avoid parking their money in US (SPX-INDEX) Treasuries (TLT) (BND) during a crisis arising out of a policy mistake, a geopolitical issue, or unexpected risk.

  • Forbes6 days ago

    The Surprising Truth About Bonds And Interest Rates

    I’ve been getting a lot of emails from readers worried about how closed-end funds (CEFs)—especially bond-oriented closed-end funds—will perform next year, when the Federal Reserve raises interest rates.

  • Market Realist6 days ago

    How We Could Avoid Yield Curve Inversion

    St. Louis Fed president and CEO James Bullard gave a presentation at a regional economic briefing on December 1. Previously, we looked at the causes of yield curve inversion. In this…

  • Market Realist7 days ago

    The US Yield Curve Could Invert in Late 2018

    St. Louis Fed president and CEO James Bullard gave a presentation at a regional economic briefing on December 1. In his presentation, Bullard laid out some conditions that could lead to…

  • Market Realist7 days ago

    Why Bond Market Speculators Cut Bullish Positions Last Week

    The US bond (BND) markets responded to the series of positive economic data releases from the US last week.

  • Market Realist7 days ago

    The Primary Cause of Yield Curve Flattening

    The pace of interest rate hikes and inflation rate growth have a profound influence on the US yield curve. The US Fed has been communicating its intent to increase interest…

  • Market Realist7 days ago

    What Leads to Yield Curves Flattening

    There are multiple factors that can affect the shape of yield curves. Bonds (BND) with different maturities react differently to changes in economic conditions and expectations. For example, when the US ...

  • Market Realist10 days ago

    Assessing the Risk of a Flattening Yield Curve

    St. Louis Fed president and CEO James Bullard gave a presentation at a regional economic briefing on December 1. Throughout this series, we'll analyze Bullard’s take on the risks of an inverted yield curve....

  • Market Realist10 days ago

    US Dollar Index and Treasury Yields Are Strong

    After regaining stability last week, the US Dollar Index rose this week. It rose in the first four trading days this week and opened higher on Friday.

  • TheStreet.com10 days ago

    Interest Rates Surprisingly Reverse While Everyone Watches Bitcoin

    While Bitcoin steals the attention, the bond markets are in flux.

  • Ray Dalio: Lots of Character, Less Than Inspiring Results
    GuruFocus.com11 days ago

    Ray Dalio: Lots of Character, Less Than Inspiring Results

    Giant hedge fund manager Dalio is making his exit; what are we to make of his legacy?

  • Market Realist13 days ago

    Why Bond Market Speculators Are Betting on Further Fall in Yields

    The US bond (BND) market performance was mixed for the week ending December 1 as volatility increased.

  • Market Realist13 days ago

    US Dollar Index and Treasury Yields Are Stable

    The US Dollar Index started this week on a stronger note by rebounding on Monday. The US Dollar Index opened Tuesday on a stable note.

  • Barrons.com14 days ago

    Invert This! Tax Reform or No Tax Reform, the Curve Is Still Flattening

    If anything should have been able to push bond yields higher, it should have been tax reform. The plan, after all, is supposed to boost economic growth--something the stock market is willing to accept at face value--and that should be bad for bonds. BMO Capital Markets' Ian Lyngen marvels at the fact that tax reform hasn't been able to push the 10-year yield over 2.4%: There is enough positive momentum for tax legislation at this point to assume that something comparable to the current proposals ultimately gets cobbled together from the bills passed by the House and Senate.

  • Market Realist17 days ago

    The Problem with the Current Interest Rates

    With global economies progressing toward normalcy or the “new normal,” as Williams called it, central banks are moving toward normalizing policy by signaling interest rate hikes.