|Bid||116.80 x 800|
|Ask||116.88 x 800|
|Day's Range||116.52 - 118.33|
|52 Week Range||114.95 - 140.99|
|Beta (3Y Monthly)||0.77|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||7.54|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||4.38 (3.75%)|
|1y Target Est||137.95|
A dealership in Washington D.C. just settled with the Federal Trade Commission for allegedly sending fake recall notices in the mail as a ploy to boost the dealer's repair business. The dealer, Passport Automotive, sent over 21,000 "recall notice" postcards to Toyota and Nissan owners between 2015 and 2017.
Ford Motor Company (F) sold about 64,383 vehicle units in China in September. This figure suggests a massive drop of ~43% from its Chinese sales (IYK) in September 2017. In July and August, the company’s China sales were even lower than September’s sales at 57,662 and 62,683 vehicle units, respectively.
According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers data compiled by MarkLines Data Center, vehicle sales (IYK) in the Chinese market stood at ~2.39 million vehicle units in September. This reflected a sharp 11.6% drop from Chinese auto sales in September 2017.
Valuation multiples are widely used by investors to compare companies in highly capital-intensive industries like the automobile (IYK) sector. These multiples could be used to compare business entities that are similar in size or nature. Let’s see how the valuation multiples of mainstream auto companies Ford (F), Toyota (TM), General Motors (GM), and Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) are trending in October.
Auto makers, looking to secure their futures in a transportation landscape that is rapidly changing, are increasingly partnering with each other and their would-be rivals in Silicon Valley to pursue new ventures in self-driving cars and other forms of personal mobility. GM said this month it would partner with Honda Motor Co. to develop a fully automated car. As part of the deal, Honda committed to investing $2.75 billion in GM’s self-driving-car unit GM Cruise LLC over the next 12 years.
Toyota took home two awards at the Texas Auto Writers Association’s (TAWA) Texas Truck Rodeo. The all-new 2019 Toyota RAV4 Adventure grade won top honors in the Compact SUV of Texas category, and the 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro was named Texas’ Mid-Sized Truck of the Year for the fourth consecutive time.
Toyota (TM) to recall around 188,000 pickup trucks, sports utility vehicles and cars from all over the world due to faulty airbags.
According to the latest analysts’ consensus data on October 11, 57.0% of the 21 analysts covering Honda Motor Company (HMC) gave it a “buy” recommendation. About 43.0% these analysts suggested a “hold.” There were no “sell” recommendations on the company. These ratings were based on 21 Wall Street analysts’ consensus data compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Wall Street seems to hate Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock. Time to forget about Tesla stock and move onto something else? Wall Street hates Tesla stock, but Main Street loves Tesla, and ultimately, Main Street will decide TSLA’s fate, not Wall Street.
According to Thomson Reuters’ October 11 survey, about 55.0% of the 22 analysts covering Toyota recommended a “buy.” The remaining 45.0% of these analysts were cautious and suggested a “hold.” There were no “sell” recommendations.
As investment banks circle around the hot ride-sharing unicorn hoping they will be the ones it selects to take it public, one team of banks reportedly delivered valuation proposals in this whopping three-digit billion dollar range.
CHIBA, Japan—A startup that has drawn investment from Toyota Motor Corp. showed off a robot that can pick up toys and clothes off the floor and put them in their proper places. Tokyo-based Preferred Networks Inc. said it plans to sell robots that could handle tidying up and other household tasks such as receiving packages and putting dirty plates into the dishwasher. Over time, as it wanders around the house, it makes an inventory of household possessions.
In the previous part, we looked at analysts’ views on Ford Motor Company (F). The company’s F-Series pickup trucks have been America’s best-selling trucks for over four decades. Despite its increasing focus on electric vehicles (XLY) and autonomous vehicles, Ford stock has underperformed its peers in 2018 so far.
According to Reuters, ~19.0% of the 21 analysts covering Ford Motor Company (F) stock gave it a “buy” recommendation on October 11. About 71.0% of these analysts recommended a “hold” on the company’s stock, and the remaining 10.0% of these analysts suggested a “sell.”