Advertisement
Advertisement
U.S. Markets closed
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Tri-Continental Corporation (TY)

NYSE - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
35.50+0.62 (+1.78%)
At close: 04:00PM EST
Advertisement
Sign in to post a message.
  • J
    John
    WOW! $3 plus Cap Gain distribution reminds me of this stock in 1980's with BIG distributions year after year.
  • m
    martin
    Is any one here? Will this recover from dip after div? What is your projection for 2020?
  • M
    Mitchell
    Based on the 1st quarter distribution of 26.5 cents a share that puts the yield for this fund at it's current price at 5% which is good for a high quality fund like this one. The expense ratio .49 is the lowest in the industry.

    My approach is to hold 75% of my portfolio in 10 of the highest quality closed funds. This is one of them. Then I put the other 25% in 5-6 dogs that have been beaten down badly and have very high distribution yields. The dogs help push up the yield and spice up the performance a bit without taking on too much risk.

    No diversified closed fund held up in the recent market plunge better than this. This one held up better than bond funds! While many or most funds are 60% or more off their highs this one is just 27% off.

    Highly recommended!
  • K
    Kris S
    Will TY ever split?! It’s testing the all time high soon. If it splits I’ll take out a HELOC!
    Bullish
  • J
    JOHN
    so, it keeps chugging along. 10,000 sh, not IRA, with cost basis at around $10. it was a key holding with SBF and GAM in the 1980's when Cap Gains distributions and divs were monster cash deposits. now, retired, i just dont want to pay the cap gain tax. so it just sits there staring at me.
  • C
    Carl
    Split, no way. Let it get to $50 plus and get preferred share holders off the books.
  • S
    SteveK
    Just keeps rolling along with the rest of the bull market. Just a few years ago Tri-was struggling to hit $15 a share. Lately it’s been a decent growth stock and dividends keep hitting the bottom line. TY
  • S
    SteveK
    My TY stock is so sweet and safe
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY-P reached an all time high at 59.52
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY reached a 52 Week low at $24.26
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY reached a 52 Week low at $24.81
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY reached a 52 Week low at $21.89
  • J
    Jane
    RVT should be one of the best performers of this bounce. High earnings, low P.E., volume is almost twice the average volume
    today at 9 a.m., distribution of 13%, small/mid-cap value stocks, RVT.
  • S
    SteveK
    How about dividend day?
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 18.43% to 18.96
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 18.43% to 18.96
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 5.85% to 20.88
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 5.08% to 24.67
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 5.32% to 19.39
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    TY is down 4.97% to 23.52
Advertisement
Advertisement