Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
Skip to Related Content
to view your mail
Yahoo Finance Plus
U.S. Markets open in 8 hrs 16 mins
Russell 2000 Futures
Vodafone Group Public Limited Company (VOD.L)
LSE - LSE Delayed Price. Currency in GBp
Add to watchlist
At close: 04:35PM GMT
700 reactions on $VOD.L conversation
Sign in to post a message.
Besides Iliad in Italy, Vodafone is looking to merger with Three UK in Britain, both mergers would allow Vodafone Group to make money in Italy as well as UK.
Large rotation is happening away from US market to the European. VOD should benefit big time.
So below is why Vodafone Group jumped today, the merger with Iliad must be closer to fruition. Presently Italy has cutthroat pricing of it's wireless service, this merger would allow Vodafone Group to make money in Italy:
Exclusive-Vodafone and Iliad in talks to combine Italian units – sources – FXCIA
All, I am reading some posts on this board and they are not close to what Vodafone Group is doing now. Right now is the time to buy into Vodafone Group, below is some basic information:
1. Vodafone Idea (the India Vodafone) no longer impacts the financials of Vodafone Group, in 2020 Vodafone Group wrote off Vodafone Idea in it's entirety and Vodafone Group has stated NO MORE MONEY will be given to Vodafone Idea.
2. New management, was installed October 2018, Nick Read became the CEO of Vodafone Group.
3. As stated in #1, Vodafone Idea was written off in 2020, in 2021 restructuring (creating development teams and purchasing businesses) is/was being done. Generally it takes 1-3 years for a development team to release a new product/service, during this time the development team is a pure expense, there is no product released covering its existence.
4. Cash flow is about 2x more per share as compared to the rest of the industry, this is important, because of #1 and #3, the company doesn't have any profit or/and it's profit is low compared to the rest of the industry.
5. Reason the stock is low, is because Vodafone Group looks lousy when you compare it to profit metrics and asset based metrics.
6. 2021 Quarterly reports by Vodafone are impressive, they have achieved all of their advertise goals from the beginning of the year, grow in Germany, grow in Spain (a little not a lot), stabilize Italy, Increase market share in Africa and maintain in United Kingdom.
7. As stated earlier, their assets are about 2 to 3x lower than AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile so asset based metrics and profit metrics look lousy, however they have been spending aggressively in buying development teams, these development teams should start releasing products/services in mid to late 2022 and 2023; at which time profit and assets will go up.
8. Dividend is safe, unlike AT&T Vodafone Group has plenty of cash/income coming in to cover all expenses which include restructuring costs. The dividend, given that the market remains the same as it is now will only grow and currently you can get 4x the dividend amount than what a typical S&P500 pays.
9. The worth of a management team is can they and will they make hard decisions, they have, the new management team wrote off Vodafone Idea in 2020 and they have closed Vodafone stores in Spain, while investing in growing markets and services.
10. Now is the time to buy, long term, this is a buy and hold, for the dividend and expected stock appreciation in the next 2 to 3 years given that the market doesn't crash.
11. If you guy Vodafone now to trade short term, you are pretty dumb in my opinion.
12. Of all the large telecommunications companies out there Vodafone Group IS the best deal by far.
Share buy backs and moderate debt reduction. VOD economics are going to start to compound in a big way. Too much cash dropping to bottom line for this to be forgotten much longer. Not likely anyone going t ouse less cell phone service over the next few years.
$17.00 headed for soon.
Yahoo Finance Insights
Vodafone is up 6.76% to 16.90
Vodafone Group is a well known stock, with plenty of analyst coverage, suggesting some visibility into future growth. If you are thinking of buying or selling Vodafone Group stock, you should check out the total shareholder return (TSR). The TSR incorporates the value of any spin-offs or discounted capital raisings, along with any dividends, based on the assumption that the dividends are reinvested. It's fair to say that the TSR gives a more complete picture for stocks that pay a dividend. Vodafone Group the TSR over the last 5 years was -24%, which is better than the share price return The dividends paid by the company have thusly boosted the total shareholder return.Do you think the dividend is safe at the present moment?
All if you have thousands of shares of Vodafone group, do NOT trade (buy and sell) the stock, there are two options you should consider for investment strategy first (both strategies will generate a steady monthly income):
I. Rent out your shares to the a large established brokerage firm, your Vodafone stock has to be in that large established brokerage firm, to start you need at least 100 shares.
II. Consider writing covered calls on Vodafone
For #II above, my suggestion would be to get a level 1 option clearance account with a large established brokerage firm, do NOT do this with RobinHood or like brokerage houses, do this with Fidelity or Charles Schwab. Take about 5 days and study covered calls, start off by selling 1 to 5 contracts only, till you get a feel for writing and selling covered calls. Pay attention to Open Interest, you only want to be 2 to 5% of the Open Interest. Option #1 is the safest, Option #2 is pretty darn safe, which is why you only need a level 1 clearance at brokerage houses to sell covered calls.
VOD never missed dividends from 1990? But down lot? Why
I don't think that VOD has another 10% in gains in it. Looks pretty bad here. I actually found
the other day and their stocks are way better...
Vod is doing well in India 🇮🇳
Vodafone will drop out of the Euro STOXX 50 index on December 20 . Sign of times , eh !
whats the difference between VODPF and VOD
"KKR makes buyout offer for Telecom Italia"
Must be good news for whole sector
40 Billion market cap. what's so bad about that?
Nice earnings report...hope the longs were able to buy more shares
How many the dividend yield? when is the date that Can I buy to get a dividend ?
It appears VOD has not declared a dividend for this quarter as of yet (11/10). Does anyone have any info on this?
Mistakes with child tax credit, stimulus can trigger refund tax delays, IRS warns
The Fed aims to ‘avoid volatility at all costs,’ strategist says
Yahoo Finance Video
Starbucks reversal on vaccine mandate sparks customer, barista backlash
© 2022 Yahoo. All rights reserved.
About Our Ads
Discover new investment ideas by accessing unbiased, in-depth investment research