Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
Skip to Related Content
to view your mail
Yahoo Finance Plus
U.S. Markets open in 7 hrs 32 mins
Russell 2000 Futures
Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX)
NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
At close: 04:00PM EST
2,661 reactions on $XLNX conversation
Sign in to post a message.
Chinese third parties are said to have no major objections to the latest remedies submitted in Advanced Micro Devices' (NASDAQ:AMD) planned acquisition of Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX),
Chinese's antitrust authority, the State Administration for Market Regulation, has been reorganizing with the goal of speeding up merger reviews, according to traders, who cited a report that's being circulated around. The report sees a greater probability of Xilinx being approved this month.
Looks like the Xilinx acquisition is a done deal. Seeking Alpha has the full transcript up from the Credit Suisse conference where Lisa Su spoke. Here are some excerpts:
"We're very excited about our Xilinx acquisition and closing that by the end of the year. "
"Yes. So it's hard to imagine that it was only 18 months ago that we gave that long-term guidance of 20% CAGR. And we said with Xilinx, we expect to continue that 20% CAGR."
"Frankly, we believe in an open ecosystem. We see FPGAs and adaptive computing SoCs with Xilinx coming in as well. All of these then become part of our sort of tool chest as we're talking to the largest hyperscalers ..."
Lisa Su would not be talking to analysts like this if the deal were not going to close.
The heavy volume in $XLNX today shows arbitrage interest with increasing confidence that the $AMD acquisition will be approved soon. Some are looking to buy and hold AMD on the cheap. Others are just interested in the one-time boost. The latter group will want to sell for a quick profit as soon as the approval is announced. That will put pressure for XLNX to go down.
However, that sell pressure will be matched or exceeded by two types of big-money institutional buyers: 1) arbitrage specialists looking to make bank on a sure-thing, even if it is only for a small percentage gain; and 2) funds looking to acquire or increase a large stake in $AMD, taking advantage of the massive churn to buy and hold massive quantities of shares without pushing the price up too much too fast.
At the same time, AMD shorts may have to cover as fast as possible to avoid even greater losses. Day trading specialists will move in-and-out over the course of a few days to try to benefit from the volatility. Some long-term XLNX holders may also choose to take their profits and move on to other opportunities.
When the dust settles, a lot more AMD shares will be in the firm hands of smart-money institutional buyers. Any catalyst after that--such as the announcement of new Exynos 2200 chips--should send the SP sharply higher. I'm planning on just patiently waiting through the volatility. Whatever happens, AMD is a keeper for many quarters to come.
$amd & $xlnx CEO Lisa Su appears as confident as ever with dec 2020 deadline and merger.
from CEO Lisa Su Presents at Credit Suisse 25th Technology Conference Call Nov. 30, 2021 2:10 PM ET
We're very excited about our Xilinx acquisition and closing that by the end of the year
So it's hard to imagine that it was only 18 months ago that we gave that long-term guidance of 20% CAGR. And we said with Xilinx, we expect to continue that 20% CAGR. And from what we see, we see that that's absolutely achievable. From a supply standpoint, from a demand standpoint, from a customer standpoint, I think there's a lot of desire to expand where we are positioned in the market and we're putting on all aspects of the supply chain to ensure we can do that
We see FPGAs and adaptive computing SoCs with Xilinx coming in as well.
And we'll update our financial model as we complete the Xilinx acquisition. So next year, we'll update the model
Closing of discount gap now 12%. This is EXPECTED NOW. That's why I'm now 100% XLNX. I suspect the discount may narrow to 5% just prior to announcement. In any event this DEAL IS A DONE DEAL!
So what’s up with Xlnx? Aren’t we selling it @ $260 per share of AMD remains above $150 as the deal finalized?
This might something to do with the early morning spike:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
AMD + $XLNX as a one company should be any day heading to end of 2021. Holiday season to celebrate. cheers.
AMD Ad Astra
Nice to see the SP in the green in PM. Good luck today and best wishes from an AMD super-long.
Breaking news: NVDA ARM acquisition blocked (law suit) by FTC. British authorities also threatening.
Kris thought earlier that the merger would be around the 26th of Nov. it is around that now so to could be today it happens notice I said could not would and around means + or - .
What will happen to the shares of XLNX when the merger is announced. Sorry I just bought some shares today. Thanks in advance.
Gap is closing, but not in the preferred way.
Poor Tom is now $68 and a dividend short since his call to sell XLNX. 😂
converted my AMD to XLNX. A sweet 20% free gain if AMD price stays where it is at the merger and much higher gains if AMD goes above current levels. Question: why would AMD continue at current levels at merger? Why is XLNX not already at 1.7234 times AMD price?
Just as I suspected would happen, AMD is dropping to "absorb" the $XLNX buyout premium. I posted that I thought investors were hesitant to bid XLNX higher, thus the large merger gap. I said it was probably because investors expected AMD to fall some when the merger was approved. We still don't have approval, but AMD has fallen more than XLNX lately. Long term AMD is going to kick butt, but in the short term the merger ration has to close somehow. I kinda feel they'll meet in the middle. Can't wait for the merger to get all my AMD back!!!
Merger Monday? Let’s get it done!
Xilinx already exceeded its average volume today. The anticipation is building.
I sense a lot of built up demand for AMD/Xilinx once the deal closes
Hey, Tom: How many times does Lisa Su have to tell you that the merger will close by year's end? If you cannot trust her in this matter, then you can't trust her in any others and you might as well sell your AMD. As for me, I am not losing any sleep over this matter and remain confident that the merger will close by year's end.
Behind crypto's ugly weekend, 'cascading' selloffs and dashed hopes for Bitcoin $100K
Okta CEO on third quarter earnings
Yahoo Finance Video
5 strategic reserves you may not have known about
Advertise with us
© 2021 Yahoo. All rights reserved.
About Our Ads
Discover new investment ideas by accessing unbiased, in-depth investment research